Closed Thread
Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Twinkley - So sorry to hear you have no dominant follies, hopefully the injections will give you that extra boost you need. Puregon is what I use, I don't get any side effects with the injections at all, just a slight mark on my stomach which sometimes bruises obviously from the injection. Its good that you can use the injections on top of your clomid hopefully it works for you. Maybe worth trying a few cycles if they manage to get you to ovulate before ivf.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Twinkley  (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Mrs Hopeful - Hope I get an answer that makes sense tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Hopeful - Yeah was a bit disappointing. Ive been on Clomid this cycle day 2 - 6 and start tomorrow on 50iu of Puregon do that everyday for a week then back for bloods and scans next week. Fingers crossed for some results. Do you inject everyday? I've not had any side effects from Clomid and Ovidrel so hopefully wont from the Puregon either.

Heyside - Thanks yes thats what im hoping that will get to ovulate before IVF not sure if I will use clomid next cycle probably just the Puregon as FS seems to think that works better than Clomid. Thats good no side effects i dont get any from Clomid or Ovidrel so hopefully wont from the Puregon.

AFM - I really am not a fan of needles but thinking I will fast learn to cope with it since will be injecting myself a lot. Do you take the shot morning or night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Twinkley - Yes I inject daily until progress is seen at my scans and then I use overdrel to start ovulation. I inject in the morning, best to keep it at the same time each day and I found it easier to do that in the morning, sometimes we are out an about later on in the day or I fancy an early night lol but always up early with dd around lol!

Maranoa - I inject myself so no need for help from partner, its an self injection pen which makes it easy to do yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The injections sound very similar to the system you mention Maranoa. Can understand you having doubts if you have negative links to injections, might be very hard to have your gyno daily injections though hun. Have you got a friend who you can trust and ask to help you out daily?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside: hope you get some clarification today.

Twinkley: yep inject every morning at around the same time. last cycle I injected day 4-10, then IUI on day 11. This time I injected day 4-13 with IUI tomorrow morning. Hopefully you shouldn't have any side effects. I got really light headed hours after my ovidrel trigger last time so hoping it doesn't happen again this time. I found the first injection was scary but once it was done it was fine & it's just become normal now lol

Maranoa: the injections themselves are quite easy but it sounds like it might be your mind that will make it difficult for you, bringing up bad memories. Maybe you could look into some kind of meditation that you could use to clear your head before you inject? Do you have 1 close friend that you can trust who you could talk to about it all? I found it so hard not being able to talk to anyone about what we were going through so have since told a close friend and it has helped me a lot. Plus this forum has become a lifeline to me at the moment.

AFM: well scan today showed 1 biggie at 20mm, another at 18mm and then the 3rd is still a bit smaller (can't remember size) so may or may not release. Had the trigger this morning & insem is booked for tomorrow morning.

Baby dust to all xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Hopeful - Definitely agree with you this forum is a lifeline to me at the moment too, I have no one else to share my frustration with at the moment so nice to know I have you ladies here. Sometimes I worry I come on to often with yet another problem but nice to know you ladies are going through the same issues. Congratulations on your trigger hun, sounds like you have some nice follies there, good luck for the IUI and hopefully you catch them .

AFM - I am none the wiser into what is going on I am afraid, I rang up my fn today only to find she is away for two days. The nurse who I spoke to read my file and said that my nurse had sent an e-mail to my fs who had requested that I ring him but she said I should go ahead with the bt on Friday to test progesterone and then ring my nurse on Friday for clarification about what it is about. I have a feeling I may just be in for a talk about the unnecessary pressure I may have put my body under etc etc, but I am not prepared to even address anything like that yet - I may end up with a bfn still so I will take one step at a time.

On another subject all together is it only the trigger shot that makes breasts tender in the tww or do you think progesterone has the same effect. only wondering as I feel pretty tender but no where near as much as last time and the only difference is I haven't started the progesterone pessaries as yet and I wondered if that could be the cause??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside - Thanks I think that is what ill be doing injecting daily till see progress on scans. I have done Clomid CD 2 - 6 already this cycle and normally do trigger shot of Ovidrel CD 13 or 14. Ive just done my first Puregon shot about ten minutes ago. Does the shot need to be at the sametime everyday or do you just do that so you remember to take it?

Mrs Hopeful - Thanks for the info on what days you inject im CD10 today and have 5 days of injecting ive already taken Clomid CD2 - 6 this cycle so will see what happens. Got scans and BT next tuesday. I have done the Ovidrel trigger shot before so I know what to expect. I just did my first shot of Puregon about 10 mins ago it wasn't terrible I think I always expect it to be worst than it is. Good luck tomorrow with your IUI
    Got my for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Heyside- the trigger raises your progesterone so it could be that maybe? I get the same a couple of days agreed my trigger and then right before each booster. I hope you get everything sorted with your clinic and fs.

Twinkley- sorry to hear you had no fominant follie godly the peon does the trick the result of us are all on either puregon or gonal-f. I take mine in mornings same reason as Heyside but I think you have to take it same time each day so it is a steady level of hormone in your body.

Maranoa- it can be really daunting doing the injections maybe if you have the fn at your clinic show you how to do the first one? The injections of puregon/ gonal f are in a prefilled pen hopefully the different container doesnt remind you as much of your bad experience injecting your mum in the past.

Mrs hopeful-great follies hun! How exciting Good luck with your iui!

Afm- bloods today all good fn said just keep going.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rj85 For This Useful Post:

Twinkley  (20-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Argghh word predict has turned my post into nonsense! I forgot to recheck it before I pressed post

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rj85 For This Useful Post:

Twinkley  (20-11-2013)