Closed Thread
Page 70 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ladydee - Nice to hear I am not the only one with a short af, suppose I only have a pill cycle to compare mine too as I don't get af usually, will ask fn at appointment on Monday but not feeling too concerned as they observe lining on scan. No I haven't heard anything about FSH effecting lining but have read online that af can get lighter with age and since I haven't had an af without the pill in a long time it would make sense that it's suddenly lighter. I know what you mean about trying to forget about ttc definitely impossible but worth a try, good luck with bloods today hope you hear good news. Sounds like you have some difficult decisions with work, hope you make the right one for you and your family hun, hard when you don't know what is going on with ttc.

rj85 - I know what you mean about not letting work know about your plans for IVF, so unfair that sometimes we are forced to let people into our plans of ttc when sometimes we just need to put our head downs and get on with this difficult journey, hopefully you can somehow work around work if you end up going to IVF and not have to tell them. You must have been tired when you put your medication in the freezer hun, good job you had a good friend who could help you - a saviour at the sounds of it!!!

ELM13 - Good luck for appointment today!

AFM - Not much going on, CD6 and 5th injection this morning. Currently on operation green tea and drinking lots of water to improve cm hoping it will give me an edge (worth a try). Also have been reading about Evening primrose oil and flax seed oil so might try one of those too! Edit: Just read flaxseed is not good for women with PCOS so that's out!!!!
    Last edited by Heyside; 05-11-2013 at 14:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee- Hope your bloods are progressing well so far, hopefully not too long of a stimulation phase for you this cycle.

ELM13- How did your appointment go, hopefully all went well.

Heyside- sounds like you have a good explanation for your lighter AF this time. Hopefully the green tea, water and evening primrose will help things out for this cycle!!

AFM- CD6 as well but ony d4 of injections, I've got BT friday (CD9). How do you guys transport your injection meds on long journeys we have a 3 hr car ride this weekend, is a standard esky with ice bricks ok?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep, esky with bricks would be my choice. Have fun!

How did you go today ELM?

Good luck Heyside x

OMG, worst start to a cycle ever. My Oest today on CD 9 was 100! This time last cycle it was 584. The only difference is that I ran out of Metformin and just have not had the chance to get another prescription. Surely it can't make this much of a difference?! I so can't wait for this all to be over already. Urgh, much much better luck to you ladies. x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

rj85  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - I have been diagnosed with PCOS and my AMH level is 106. I have just over 40 follicles (can be called cysts too I think) on each ovary.

Heyside - what does flax seed help with?

Rj85 - at my clinic they give cooler bags with ice bricks in them if you're not going straight home.

AFM - I had my FS appointment today and we have decided to give IVF a go. We weighed the pros and cons and decided that it would be safer for me to go IVF then stick with OI and harvest a lot of eggs and have to cancel the cycle anyway. I have started taking provera and will start injections in a couple of weeks. Cost is about $10,000. Medicare gives you about $5000 back and if you have private health cover you should get the hospital expenses covered too (about $2000). It's really expensive and I think we might have one cycle (can be 6-8weeks long) and rest for a month or two if it doesn't work first time around. My in laws are being so supportive and have offered to pay for a cycle but I really don't want to resort to that. We want to pay for the first one then re-assess. I'm working casually at the moment so I don't have set shifts. I don't think I could be working full time and manage the emotional stress that comes with this process. I left my previous job due to stress at the end of sep. I'm so focused on the end product and want to do anything I can to make it happen.

P.s my sister in law had a baby girl yesterday - so very happy for her but still had a bit of a cry (they weren't trying to fall pregnant at the time they conceived - amazes me how different each person is!)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ELM13 For This Useful Post:

rj85  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    rj85 - Hope your blood test shows good results, nice to feel that cycle in actually getting somewhere when you go for first bt/scan. I would think an esky and ice bricks would be fine to transport meds in as long as they are kept cool all should be good.

Ladydee - I wouldn't think your met would have made too much difference to your cycle hun, maybe your oest is just a slow starter this month, stay positive, when is your next bt???

ELM13 - Our AMH levels seem similar - mine was 118, suppose that's the reason my cycles are pretty slow and I have risk of lots of follies, last cycle I had 3 dominant follies at ovulation and didn't catch any . I am trying to improve my cm this month to make it a better environment for the sperm, I did read flaxseed oil can help along with the water and green tea but have now read mixed reviews stating not good for women with pcos so have decided to stay away. Sounds like you are happy with your decision to forwards with IVF, good luck hun, hopefully you only need the one cycle, sounds like you have a good chance of harvesting lots of eggs. Thanks for posting the cost of the IVF cycle and what you can get back, nice to know what is ahead of us if that's where we head too. It's hard to cope with babies being born around you hun, enjoy the cuddles though and think about your reward at the end of all this.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

rj85  (06-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee- I'm sorry to hear your oestrogen isn't as good as you expected . But hopefully like Heyside said it's just slow to start, and even if it's a slightly longer cycle don't count it out, I spoke with a friend last week who has 3 kids from OI and each of her successful cycles were in excess of 60days!!! I hope you are doing something to de-stress hun, it's not easy doing this.

ELM- sounds like you've got a solid plan with IVF. It can be so hard with babies all around us, the day i got my BFN my best friend had her first. And it's so normal to cry even if you are happy for the person.

Heyside- Hope it's all going well for you too, including the green tea. I quite like green tea, maybe I should try it too!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rj85 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (08-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you get some great results today Rj85 xx

More personals to come... Im going for my 2nd bloods and 1st u/s this morning. I ended up choosing to demote myself at work to the lowest paid/least stressful position. Sure hope it was the right decision! It doesn't start until the end of the month. Hope you're all doing well. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    ELM - That's great that you have family around who are being lovely and supportive Big decision huh. How are you feeling about it? You're trying for your first right? I was one cycle away from IVF when I was trying for my DD and I really was just at the stage of... "You know what? I really don't care how it happens anymore, I just want to get pregnant and have my husbands baby RIGHT NOW!" I was so over wasting month after month with that same old sh#tty result. Are you getting close to this stage? I have heard of many many first-go success stories with PCOS ladies and IVF. We usually manage to get quite a few frosties too as IVF finally works WITH what our bodies want to do which is to produce too many follicles at once. The drugs just make sure a big chunk of those follies reach a nice big size to be able to produce a mature egg each. I think you've taken a huge leap forward in reaching your goal of having your very own little miracle, I hope you stick around as I think I'm only 1 cycle behind you. xx

Rj85 - how did u go today?

Heyside - your first bloods for this cycle aren't until Monday right? Mmm, I love green tea but have gotten out of the habit of drinking it, I'll have to give it another go I thought the same as you about the Metformin but my FS said today that it can make a difference for PCOS ladies! He said it helps the ovaries respond better to the drugs and it also helps stop over stimulation.....well there ya go. As they say, you learn something new every day. I've been on it for months now but only one tablet a day. When I got pregnant with my dd was the only month that I ignored the side effects and just took my full three tablets a day, everyday. So who knows, maybe he has a point? Well even though I'm part way into my cycle, that's what I'm going to try for the rest if this cycle and we'll see.

AFM - cd13 and my FS couldn't find any mature follies during my u/s. Just a heap of 7-8mm on each side. Oestrogen today was 115....what a joke. Hubby reckons I always have a good cycle, then a bad cycle so I shouldn't worry too much but that's easier said than done. I got some info about IVF from my FS today so I'm going to do some reading after putting dd to bed tonight to see if I can make a bit if sense if it all and come up with some questions for my next appt. I have more bloods on Monday and more bloods and an ultrasound booked for Wednesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - I like your way of thinking with IVF 'Finally working the way our body wants too', that really makes sense to me, something we can at last succeed with lol! A positive thing I will have to remember if that's the way we are heading! I have my scan on Monday and will probably be sent for my bt after that, can't wait to see what's going on as feel like the start of each cycle is just a waiting game, feel like something is happening when I have scans. I am enjoying the green tea and managing to drink more water too, that's all I have managed so far though, step in the right direction though hopefully. Hope the increased metformin works well for you and you see some dominant follies developing, I am also on 3 tablets a day, I have no side effects at all, makes me think it's not doing anything but maybe I just have a strong stomach, I have read lots of good reports on its effects for PCOS women. Hope the IVF info was informative for you!

Rj85 - How did the bloods go??

ELM13 - Hope you are feeling relaxed before your af and new IVF cycle starts, keep us informed of how you are going hun x
    Last edited by Heyside; 09-11-2013 at 16:52.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (10-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies!!

Ladydee- Your feelings about fertility treatment are so spot on!! You get to a point where even the stuff that you were reluctant to consider in the beginning is on the table for consideration, I feel like that now, I don't care how it happens! Hopefully the metformin get things moving in the right direction for you. I think sometimes you have to go with your instincts about decisions and if it feels like that job is the right thing to do now then that's the right one! Let us know what you find out about the IVF.

Heyside-It almost feels like a reverse tww at the beginning of the cycle, cos you're hoping the follies are growing nicely but not knowing for sure! Good to hear you are managing to maintain the green tea and plenty of water, it might just be what is needed.

ELM13- Hope you are well. I know I always felt better once I had a plan and wasn't waiting to find out what was happening next.

AFM- I had my bt fri, the FN said my oestrogen is rising, didn't give me a figure and I couldn't ask as I had my FIL in the car. I have another BT tomorrow and we'll go from there. I'll ask what it is tomorrow, and hopefully get an idea of how much longer as I think I might need to get some more meds. I also have my FS appt this Thurs to discuss IVF, so I'll let you know what I find out.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to rj85 For This Useful Post:

Ladydee  (10-11-2013)