Closed Thread
Page 69 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ELM13, nice to have you here in the thread, I have found it to be a great support for me so far, hope you feel the same way. Sorry to hear that your cycle was cancelled, how frustrating, us girls seem to hit so many brick walls why can't things be straight forward? Did you have an ultrasound before it was cancelled if so what was going on? Did your fs give you any idea as to why it had happened? Its a hard decision for you to make hun sounds like you might need to ask lots of questions to understand why she is advising IVF. Good luck making your decision and again welcome to the thread x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Heyside
    I was day 24/25 into this cycle (3 weeks of gonal-f), only had blood tests so far (feeling like a pin cushion!), nurses said it was too early for US for me. Dr called today and said she didn't want to increase the dose again and risk a high number of follicles growing considering the number of cysts on my ovaries as she has seen it happen before and they needed to cancel the cycle anyway.
    Yes I will definitely have a list of questions for her next week!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ELM13 - Oh no hun how disappointing to get to day 25 and have your cycle cancelled, so frustrating. My clinic usually schedule a scan on CD10, however CD12 for me this time as I take a little longer to get started lol!!! (think CD10 would have been a weekend anyway). Sounds like they were playing it safe though if you had cysts on your ovaries suppose its not worth the risk, it doesn't make you feel any easier though does it bet you just want to get started. Hope all your questions get answered at your next appointment.

AFM - CD2 today and have just started injections again this morning, bloods came back good and LH is staying low which is great seen as I have a history of it sky rocketing making things difficult. I seem to be happier about everything at the moment and ready for cycle 2, think I was going through some sort of grieving process after bfn, started upset and then angry think I have finally moved onto acceptance and am ready to try again. Although have to admit I have just been looking into our medical cover to see what is covered just in case we end up going the ivf route. Hope everyone else is good x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome ELM13!! I only joined last month and it has been an amazing support, you meet people who know exactly what you are going through! I had a similar story to yours on my 2nd cycle. I was cancelled after 29 days injecting due to a backwards trending oestrogen and too many follicles ( I don't have PCOS though), we went for another cycle last month with the addition of small dose pregnyl to the gonal and I finally grew one follie and had better oestrogen response.
    My advice is to go in armed and prepared with knowledge of what's available and questions for your FS so that you feel you come out making the right decision for you whether that's IVF or further OI cycles. We are all here to listen if you need to vent too!

Heyside- I think I was grieving too from this BFN. It's so strange how our minds work but your description sounded exactly like me I thought I was just overreacting. I'm glad you are in a better frame of mind now, I'm also feeling more positive about this round, so your scan is on Mon 11th, right?

Ladydee- Hope you're ok, where are you up to now? When are your next BT and scans due? Hope you are keeping nicely busy!

AFM- D2 BT today, hopefully start injections tomorrow. I spoke with another nurse today who clarified that I would definitely NOT be able to do the preparation month this month as I would most likely go on a down-regulation (or antagonist I think??) IVF cycle which requires I be on the pill and start new preparation meds on D21 of the cycle before I start. So we'll still go ahead with OI this cycle, lets hope I don't have to get to IVF.

Thanks
    Reviews
    rj85 - I don't think its over the top to be grieving (maybe I was using the wrong words just only way to describe it), we put everything into each cycle and pin all our hopes on 'this being the one' so its a big blow when we get that bfn and find ourselves starting again. Yes my scan is on the 11th, when are you scheduled for?? That's not good about the mis-information about your preparation month, fingers crossed you don't need to get to ivf.

How are you Ladydee and Elm13? Hope all is well x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside- I know exactly what you mean. I was just saying this to DH today that every month you think this could be the one and your hopes get so high and then your back to square one again. But you and the other success stories on here are living proof that it can happen and that eventually you are rewarded!Do you typically get scans rather than bloods or do you do both every visit? My clinic relies more heavily on bt, but my first 2 cycles I had a lot more US, the last one only 1 the day before my trigger. It's a bit frustrating about the change of information , but I'm glad we decided to do one more OI.

Ladydee and Elm13 how is everything progressing? Hope you are both going ok. When is your FS appointment Elm13?

AFM- Bloods were good I restarted gonal and pregnyl this morning my first bloods are next fri 8th (D10).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend
    I see FS on tues morning. DH and I have been reading up on the IVF process so will have a better understanding when we see her. FS said that I might get AF after stopping injections but it hasn't showed up yet. I'm assuming they might get me back on provera to bring on AF and start the cycle.

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    rj85 - It's good to hear success stories, it can and will happen, positive thinking needed for us all in this thread again I think, its a new fresh cycle. Yes my clinic seem to concentrate more on the scans, I do have bt in-between scans but think once they are happy with levels they just concentrate on how big the follies are, for me personally that's probably a good way to go so that I know how many follies are developing as I am at a big risk of developing too many! Hope the one last OI is the one for you hun!

Ladydee - You have been quite recently, how is this cycle going for you? Have you had any scans yet??

ELM13 - Good luck for Tuesday's appointment, good that you are informing yourself about options. Hope af turns up soon.

AFM - I have been a little worried about my af, it has only been at full flow for 2 1/2 days and since then just spotting. I have been trying to google for information which has eased my mind slightly but worried I won't have enough lining to actually hold a fertilized egg (although the clinic checks my lining during scans so shouldn't be worried I suppose. Going to ask at next appointment. Money is a also a worry at the moment for us, when trying for dd we had been saving for well over a year but things are a little tighter this time around so are cutting back in every way we can .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome ELM13! I hope your time on this thread is nice and short I also had my first cycle of injections cancelled after my Oestrogen stubbornly stayed around the 200 mark (and went backwards at one stage) even after 26 days of injecting 50iu of FSH (Gonal F). I had 4 small dominant follicles ranging from 10-12mm. I had to take Provera to end that cycle and get the next one started. Since upping my dose just that little bit to 62.5, I've been having pretty good cycles of Oest=826 and 1x 20mm follie on cycle day 12. Then Oest of 1047 with a 16mm follie on CD11 for my latest cycle. Unfortunately we just haven't caught the egg both of these last cycles but that slightly higher dose has made all of the difference for me. Do your Drs tell you you have polycystic ovaries or actual cysts on them? I have PCOS but my sister had cysts on hers and after getting ovarian drilling (day procedure I think?), fell pregnant first try, three times in a row. Unfortunately she had two miscarriages but my niece was a sticky on her third try.....all three were naturally with no Clomid or injections, just Metformin on her successful pregnancy to decrease a chance of a third miscarriage which worked. Hope you form a good plan of attack on Tues with your clinic, good luck

Rj85 - Well here we are, hopefully we both become one of those people who fall pregnant juuuust before starting IVF! Manage to do any acupuncture yet?

Heyside - My AF is shorter while I'm on these controlled cycles too, it's weird. Each of my scans have showed good lining though. I've heard that clomid can definitely affect lining but never FSH...how about you?

AFM - CD8 for me, still on the 62.5 dosage of Gonal F. I go for my first bloods on Tuesday. I've been finding it hard to put a positive spin to this cycle which I know doesn't help anything so I've just been trying not think about TTC at all....trying but failing of-course! Lol. It's cool though, what will be will be. Work has been a good distraction. I'm in a management support position and I was informed last week that my office is going to be moved (at the end of this month) further away from where it is making it a 50/55minute drive from where I live! It's about 30 minutes at the moment. So after talking it through with DH, I've decided to demote myself so I can work closer to home but now have a couple of options to decide what I want to do. One offers me a bit more flexibility with getting my bloods done and is a computer job so will be better when/if I get UTD whereas the other is closer to my house and fertility clinic and is the least stressful position but will mean being on my feet all day...also the lowest paid one though. Urgh....decisions decisions....hard to choose when my personal life situation is so unknown for the immediate future. Will I be pregnant soon? Will I need some major $$$$$ for IVF? Will I need more bloods/scans/monitoring = time off work for all that IVF entails? Who knows?!
    Wishing you all the best of luck this cycle ladies
    Last edited by Ladydee; 03-11-2013 at 22:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ELM13- good luck with your appointment tomorrow hopefully it goes well and you have an agreed plan!

Heyside- If your lining is fine on the scans it should be ok right? maybe it just sheds quicker?? I suppose if you tend to have lots of follies thats why t=they do more scans. Money is something you don't want to have to worry about with all this going on . Hopefully this one is your lucky cycle and you won't have that stress anymore.

Ladydee- It can be hard to get back into a positive mind frame after disappointment, it is good you have other things to distract you, but definately don't envy the decisions you have to make!! I suppose you have to weigh up all the pros and cons and pick the one that is best! I know how hard it is I get regularly shifted and some jobs are better suited to this regime than others, I don't know how I will be able to do IVF without telling work, but I wasn't keen on doing that. I haven't booked myself in for any acupuncture i'm a bit nervous to be honest, I want a reputable one, and I also don't know if I will be able to make the appointments.

AFM- I made a big booboo! I did my injections sun morning coming home from night shift and then went to bed, when i got up to go to work I found I'd put my pre-filled (used only twice) syringe in the freezer by accident and damaged my pen with no spares!! Luckily my pharmacist friend who usually gets my pens brought me my scripts before i headed to work again that night and found a pharmacist I could get them from this morning, she's such a lifesaver!! Crisis averted.