Closed Thread
Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys

Babydalla- that hcg sounds great, good luck with your first scan how exciting!! Everything is always a countdown with this business

Heyside- Your lining sounds great and i think your right about the oestrogen, hopefully the smaller follies settle down and let the 14mm one be the boss! Also I'm just doing timed BD no IUI.

Ladydee- guess what we are tww buddies!!

AFM- So excited my first ever TWW. I know simple things. I have one follie at 21mm, my lining is 7.1mm (i have never had above 5mm before!!) and my oestrogen is 920. So I'm triggering tomorrow with 5000 then bd over the weekend. I have to do 4x 1500 about ever 3-4 days. Hopefully my lining is good enough, at least I have a postitive cycle and much quicker only 17days injecting instead of 22+.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Babydalla - awesome HCG levels!!! That bubba is a strong one for sure Let us know all about your scan when you have had it....enjoy every second! x

Heyside - results are sounding unreal! Grow follie grow!!! I had two follies with my dd and then the smaller one took over and sucked up all the FSH to grow nice and big and the other stopped growing. Your lining is shaping up great too and still has time to grow even better. What's the plan....any more bloods or scans tomorrow or will it be Monday now?? Yay, looks like we'll all get to go crazy in our TWW together Thanks for the well wishes for my IUI...you'd think I'd be over it now that I've gone through all of this infertility business but I'm still pretty nervous that I don't know this FS! I'll be like "pleased to meet you Dr ??? By the way while your down there, can you see what I had for breakfast?" Crude but, I'm sure you get my point....***cringe!!!*** Oh, and we can't find anyone to babysit tomorrow so we'll have our little terror (and her abundance of energy) with us so.....Im sure this will be interesting..... :-/

Rj85 - Yay, congrats!!! All of your results sound fantastic! I'm hearing you on the long cycles....my first one this time around I was injecting for 26days and it ended up a 43 day cycle which I had to take Provera to end it. Didn't even make it to the TWW as even after all that injecting, I ended up with 4 small follies and my Oest only got up to 257 so they were probably bad quality and of-course a cancelled cycle. Brutal But anyway....onto a better & brighter cycle now! Yay for the first hurdle of making it to a TWW being acomplished Have fun this weekend...wink wink. I'll have to wear my toddler out so she has some lovely long day naps and goes to bed early

Sj87 - hope you're ok??
    Last edited by Ladydee; 11-10-2013 at 22:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    rj85 - Fabulous news for you, great to hear! Sound like a great sized follie and your lining sounds good too . Great that you have had a shorter cycle. Good luck catching the eggie and fingers crossed for you .

Ladydee - I can understand you being a little unsure for IUI tomorrow especially having a different fs, it's just ther fear of the unknown but I feel very positive for you this cycle so hopefully you will catch that follie . I know what you mean about taking your little one to your appointment I have had to do that each appointment I have been to, thank goodness my clinic is very good about it and someone has always been able to help me out and look after her which is great.

AFM - Just the scan on Monday no more blood tests as yet, all looking good for a shorter cycle than with dd as Monday will only be day 15 of injecting if I trigger then where as I went up to 23 last time (hear is hoping). Just hope all goes to plan and we don't end up cancelling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - How did the IUI go, hope the dctr was nice and your dd was good for you

AFM - We had a slight issue today, my DH took my prescription to the chemist on Wednesday for my puregon and we went to pick it up today so that I had it ready for this week, but we were told they had lost prescription. After looking around for it frantically they found it but had not ordered the puregon in so I have no new vials for my pen . I was so annoyed, the lady rang around other chemists but found only one chemist to have it and they are shut until Monday. I luckily have enough for the morning and will then have to rush to that chemist on Monday morning before injecting as don't think I have enough for Monday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyside - that's so bad....what sort of business are these people running?? That's something slightly different about our FC's as I always get all of my drugs from my FN during blood tests ect. Do your FN's collect your bloods or do you get bloods done at Pathology clinics? Hope it all gets sorted, all of this business is stressful enough let alone dealing with cr@p like that. In regards to the fear of overstim'ing.....something I was going to try if/when it happens to me again....on another thread I'm on, the IVF girls were talking about drinking heaps of water to stop or prevent hyper-stim'ing so.....I wonder if upping your water intake might help a slight over-stim??? Have you heard IVF girls mention it?

AFM - IUI went well. The FS was super dooper fast. Not in a rude way but, straight to the point and out in a few minutes where's my FS has a little bit more of a chat and quite enjoys telling us to go home and get busy My dd on the other hand was a bit of a nightmare (hmmm...maybe that's why the FS was out of there quick smart? Lol). I made the mistake of going with my DH earlier to drop him off to provide his sample and then we had to wait around for them to prepare it and by that time, my dd was totally over it and didn't want to be in her pram and was throwing her snacks all over the place and being very loud in the tiny insem room which made everything sound ten times louder! So yeah, will move mountains to find a babysitter if there is a next time....the whole experience was to opposite of relaxing :-/ BUT yay.....bring on the TWW crazies, hopefully my last one ever....one can dream

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow Heyside xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladydee - Yeah it was bad I was so annoyed, felt like screaming 'do you know how important that medication is to me'!! I think girls going through ivf get there medication from the clinic not sure why I can't but my fs prescribed mine??? Luckily I was able to phone the emergency line and speak to a nurse over the weekend and she reassured me all will be fine so will rush to the pharmacy I know stock it in the morning, the injection will just be slightly later than usual. That's very interesting reading about the water intake, something I haven't heard of and will have to keep an eye on. Great news that the IUI went well, fingers crossed that you catch that egg . Shame your dd was not good during your appointment, one thing I have unfortunately come to learn though is that however well we prepare for a situation we can not plan our little ones behaviour and it is what it is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats crapola. We only go through chemists when its a FET, the clinic provides the drugs for other cycles.

Down here in Sydney, there is a chemist in the Hospital where IVF australia lives and where our clinic does the EPU's. They are stocked with IVF drugs (no ordering in). Is there something like that in Qld? For future orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Ladydee - How did the IUI go, hope the dctr was nice and your dd was good for you

AFM - We had a slight issue today, my DH took my prescription to the chemist on Wednesday for my puregon and we went to pick it up today so that I had it ready for this week, but we were told they had lost prescription. After looking around for it frantically they found it but had not ordered the puregon in so I have no new vials for my pen . I was so annoyed, the lady rang around other chemists but found only one chemist to have it and they are shut until Monday. I luckily have enough for the morning and will then have to rush to that chemist on Monday morning before injecting as don't think I have enough for Monday!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fingerscrossd11 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (14-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingerscrossed - No nothing like that here I am afraid, just the local chemists to rely on so in future we have decided to ring them the following day and makesure the order has been placed as there is no room for error when going through cycles like this.

Thanks for everyone's view on the issue with my puregon prescription, made me realise that the chemist got away with the issue quite lightly really and maybe I should have not held my dh back and let him go mad with them!!!!!! Luckily I went to pick new prescription up this morning and all was good.

Ok I now need people to give me their view on what you would do in our position, we think we may have decided but would like to know what other people would do. I want for my scan today and I have 3 follies, measuring 21, 15 and 14. My FN rang my dctr to ask his opinion on what to do about triggering, he said that it is very very doubtful that all 3 follies will trigger with there being 2 only just over the line but obviously there is a slight risk that we could fall pregnant with triplets . So we have to decide what to do, I have been given the overdril injection to administer at home if we decide to go ahead so we now need to make up our mind. When we were ttc dd I also had two follies which were both good sizes (I think both over 17) and we went ahead only catching the one. So what would everyone else do?????
    Last edited by Heyside; 14-10-2013 at 14:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd go ahead with the trigger but my DH would be very very nervous about doing it

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (14-10-2013)