Closed Thread
Page 59 of 93 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    sj87 - Welcome to the thread, seems we will be on a very similar cycle, I am on CD5 today and injecting 100iui of puregon, my first scan is on the 8th also (here's hoping its a good day for both of us). Good luck with the cycle, I would consider the cramping to be a good sign as shows something is happening.

AFM - Sorry everyone for my rant yesterday was just feeling very low after having to wait two months to start injections, back to feeling so much more positive today . Hope everyone else is well. Have you had any news about your blood test fingerscrossed????

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    Just happened upon this thread today and thought I'd join in!
    This is my first ever post so you may have to guide me how this works a bit. I too am up to cd 6 like sj87 injecting gonal-f 37.5units (low I know!) and pregnyl 75 units since day3. And like you sj87 and Heyside I also have my first scan on the 8th.
    This is my 3rd cycle of OI the other two were cancelled cos of a cyst on number 1 and too many follies on number 2. I've had a bit of a break cos we went away and I wasn't allowed to do a cycle before I went.

Sorry I haven't got all your names down pat yet I'm sure it won't take long!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sj87 View Post
    Thought I would jump in on this thread it's cycle day 6 for me and started Glonal-f 100iu injections on day 3... have a scanned booked with FS on the 8th and I know he's doing a trigger shot and that i'll have some kind of progesterone thing at some point (if you can't tell i'm brand spanking new to all this... in fact I found out 3 days before cycle day 1 that we were going down this path )

Just wondering does anyone else get quite bloated with the injections? I have a little bit of cramping on my left side where I normally get AF cramping so i'm just taking all this to mean the shots are hopefully doing there thing...my scan seems forever away I don't know how i'll survive the 2 week wait to test lol

fingers crossed for all of you
    Welcome Sj87! Im just behind you on CD3 and I go for my first blood test of this cycle on Tues 8th so fingers crossed we both get good results that day Ill probably get my first scan later on in the week, depending on my bloods. I do get some cramping when things are progressing well during a cycle and I do get some bloating also but not usually until right around ovulation time so hopefully your symptoms mean you are getting good results from your injections! Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh wow there are a lot of us hanging out for the 8th to find out whats happening! for everyone

Quick question has anyone else had stinging/burning pain when they get there injections? I haven't had it before today so I was thinking DH might have managed to jab me in the same place twice?? hurt like a b*tch

Thanks
    Reviews
    anddd another question lol so im on 100iu of Glonal-f a day and started on CD3 the pen I was given has 900iu in it so that means I keep giving myself shots til and including CD11 but my FS hasn't scheduled any bloods and my ultrasound is booked for CD13 does it matter that I run out of glonal-f 2 days before my scan? Should I ring my FS and check if I need to pick up another pen or would he have known that I was going to do my last injection on CD11?

not that im overanalysing ever little thing or anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    sj87 - I can't really help you with the burning pain at the injection site as it's not something I have had any issues with but bruising is one of the side effects so suppose it is probably just connected to the area becoming sensitive to all the injections. Regards running out of your injection before your scan day I would def contact your fertility clinic, I am using Puregon for my injections but presume GF to be the same. When I was ttc my DD I had to continue injecting for 23 days and had to continually go for scans throughout that time until my follies where fully developed and ready for the trigger injection, when I went for my first scan I was on 75iui and had no follicle growth so my dose had to be increased. You might be different but def worth asking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, sometimes when i injected myself i would get the pain afterwards, its nothing bad its just your body reacting to having a foreign article (the drug and needle) shoved into you lol

Hello everyone, hope you are all going ok.

AFM: well i am out. The egg and the sperm did find each other, did fertlise and did try to implant but went no where further. HCG was 16 progesterone only 6 on monday. Now I have heavy AF thats driving me mental

Quote Originally Posted by sj87 View Post
    oh wow there are a lot of us hanging out for the 8th to find out whats happening! for everyone

Quick question has anyone else had stinging/burning pain when they get there injections? I haven't had it before today so I was thinking DH might have managed to jab me in the same place twice?? hurt like a b*tch

Thanks
    Reviews
    The burning pain can be related to how cold the injection is when it goes in. I found if I warmed the pen in my hands for 10secs it took the chill off it an didn't burn as much after.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry to hear that news fingerscrossed, hard for us to understand when we go through so much in the first place to ovulate and then to have the egg not implant itself. Have your fertility clinic given you any idea as to why it didn't implant ie lining issues and what is your plan from here do you just go ahead again next month? Big hugs hun , hope af eases off and gives you a break, take this time to relax and let your body prepare for next time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

Fingerscrossd11  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That really sux Fingerscrossed, I'm so sorry to hear that. Big hugs What's your doctor saying about it? Is there something he/she wants to change next cycle or is it just one of the crappy once off things they don't know why it happened?

Sj87 - I sure hope you've responded so well to the drugs that you only need one scan but in my experience I've needed several scans and blood tests to lead up to being ready to be triggered to ovulate (Oestrogen blood result between 600-1000+, lining over 7mm, follicle 16-20mm+) and I definitely have to keep injecting the whole time until the trigger injection, sometimes even increasing my Gonal-f dosage along the way. So I definitely think you need to be contacting your clinic to pick up another injecting pen to keep you going until your trigger

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladydee For This Useful Post:

Fingerscrossd11  (04-10-2013)