Closed Thread
Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sarie,

It's exhausting doing the injections after a while! Hope your bloods go well and you won't have to do it for long!

I saw the FS again today. Things have finally kicked off and I have overstimulated as I thought I would. I have 3 good follicles on one side. So not to waste the cycle we decided in a whirlwind this morning that we would convert to IVF. So now suddenly I am on a whopping dose of FSH and an antagonist to stop me ovulating on my own, I'm in for a 45 min discussion with the nurse tomorrow, an USS Wed, then an egg retrieval Friday with the view to implanting next Wed.

its all a bit crazy and full on to go very quickly from only one cycle of TI to IVF! It's exciting though to know that we are doing something, especially since it has such a high success rate in PCO (about 60% I think). I could be pregnant by Wed next week!! Yay!!

And happiness to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Girls,
    Been a bit quiet on the posting, (soz) cause there is no new news from me.

On day 49 of cycle & no end in sight. Had BT today, but my levels are still around 350.

Kadre, so glad you get to move ahead with something, best of luck it works

Looking forward to trigger, but that's prob another 2/3 weeks away if I'm lucky.

Will keep you guys posted if there is any new news, otherwise it's a needle stick marathon for me!! Wish I could be on a sprint like you guys!!

Baby Dust
    Judy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back Judy! Wow does that mean 49 days if injections already? And another few weeks to go?? That's crazy!! Now I feel bad complaining about 28days of injections!! You poor thing!

My USS today showed some more follicles, about 6, but none big enough for egg retrieval yet, so it's another few days of FSH and orgalutran and another scan on Friday with hopefully an egg retrieval Monday now. I've practically lived in the FS' office this week... 4 times this week! Really hope we go ahead Monday... So hard to work this all around work!

good luck to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah, day 50 today (48 days of injections) Don't feel bad Kadre, it's just the way my body works (or doesn't work for that matter). Got a scan tomorrow morning & more BTs.

I find it hard getting to work in time, & now their cracking down on tardiness, feel like I'm back at school, getting monitored for every little thing. No one at work knows what's going on, but every so often, I have to mention a BT or doc appointment. Think their starting to think that there is something wrong with my health (other than this).

RKK, how were your results today?
    Hope Monday goes well for you Kadre

Baby Dust
    Judy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Judy. I know what you mean about work getting annoyed about being late or time off, I haven't told my work anything either and I feel like they must think I'm lazy being late all the time.

I actually get migraines all the time and the injections mean I get them more frequently so I'm having heaps more days off which I know must frustrate them too.

I went and met with a fertility acupuncturist a couple of days ago and he was so great and we set up a 3 month plan of acupuncture and massage every week, plus diet and Counselling to help me get pregnant! I was so excited and encouraged to get started and the first day (yesterday) was great vut today I had a migraine and fell off the wagon food wise, which is so disappointing.

I feel like the massages and counseling will be really beneficial to try and de-stress and relax as I'm not really relaxed and I know thats important!

So I didn't get to do my blood test till later this afternoon once I started feeling better and could drive, so I won't get the results till tomorrow. These bloods are just to check levels to see when I am ready for ultrasound & trigger shot.

Oh well.. back on the plan again tomorrow and I'll try not to eat badly next migraine.

Baby dust to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi RKK,
    It's only one day off the diet, just pick it right back up when you can. It takes time to stick to these changes, but if you focus on changing one thing at a time and then slowly add other changes, it will come.

I find my acupuncture sessions really relaxing (yes, more needles) & I look forward to them each week. I get to talk about how I'm going? My levels & such, it's good cause she's interested in hearing about my progress, whereas my DH doesn't really know what's what & only knows that high levels is good news. But the acupuncturist is just that little more detailed which I find helpful.

Hope the results tomorrow are good news

Baby dust
    Judy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to mention, I get headaches too... Interesting, wonder if it's a proven side effect of the meds, or just coincidence...??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always had migraine (well since start of puberty at least) but I definately get more since being on injections. I understand they can be a symptom of PCOS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Ladies, let me know how the acupuncture and massage goes Sarie. I'm sure that anything that helps you relax is a good thing... I would definitely be keen on the weekly massage!

lucky you are so patient Judy, and I admire your ability to just say "this is me, and this is how it is." I could def learn something from that!

i got bittersweet news this morning at the FS. I have more follicles coming up which is the good news, but they aren't big enough for Monday pick-up so it has been delayed again til Wed (already canned Monday's shift and now have to drop Wed too- soo frustrating!!) which I felt was bad news cause I was so looking forward to getting it over and done with. The really bad news however is that dues to my lining being crap and me being at high risk for OHSS, my FS won't do a fresh transfer next week. He wants to freeze them all and wait for the next cycle to do an FET. I'm so devestated to have to wait for another cycle! I was so geared up for it all to happen next week and to be in the TWW, and instead it is going to be another few weeks.

i know intellectually that it is better this way for a better chance of a successful transfer and less risk to my health.... But it doesn't stop me wanting to curl up in a little ball and cry! It's not fair... And I want to have a tantrum like I am two years old! How do I deal with those competing feelings?

i hope everone else has a better time of it than I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kadre,
    Thats great news about more follicles & therefore more chances a little embryo will be created.
    Yes you'll have to wait longer, but they say good things come to those who wait...
    Positives:
    - more follicles/more eggs/more chances
    - no OHSS (can be very sickly/dangerous)
    - not over run/exhausted from surgery
    - best healthy condition for implantation of your embryos
    Negatives:
    - waiting a few extra weeks

The positive stuff out weigh the negative, mentally you know the FS is looking out for your best interest, & the aim of the game is to get you pregnant. Your allowed to have a cry & get upset. It's an emotional roller coaster & your hormones are really high, which doesn't help (think PMS, but 10 times worse) I've been the same when my hormones are running super high & things don't go as planned. Take the time to be upset, but you also need to take the time to get geared up and positive about this next cycle, which potentially could be your last for quite some time - now that's super exciting

Scan & bloods yesterday for me & my levels have shot up, 750
    Lining is at 8 & I have one large follicle at 2.0!! (was massive on the screen & when I saw it before the nurse said anything I was all like "WOW", this thing took up half the screen & I'm pretty sure it's the biggest follicle I've had to date & the thickest lining too)
    So, BD last night & for the next 4more nights. Trigger tonight & then we wait for another 14/15 days. I'm going to try & stay distracted, no googling symptoms, no tracking temp, no counting forward (which I think is my biggest weakness, love doing that!)
    So wish me luck girls & fingers crossed I'll post some good news on a fortnight

Baby Dust xx
    Judy