Closed Thread
Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well done to your hubby Kadre! SA was the first thing any of our doctors have done (we've had to change a couple of times). Def a good starting point :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Mac

Sounds like you have a keeper there Katie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone 😊 can I please join too? Hehe I am 24 and my hubby is 28 and I have been diagnosed with PCOS last month and I have been on the clomid cycle twice- one at 50mg the. Next at 100mg. My estrogen level just sitting at just over 300. So it doesn't look like I am going anywhere, a nurse mentioned to me about the injections and I am not 100% sure about what the procedure is like. Can anyone please tell me how the cycle goes? And also how much are the injections? Sorry for the questions! Lol I'm a newbie 😊 Baby luck to all ✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 ✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟✨🌟

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Erica!

i too have PCO, but without the syndrome. Do you ovulate and have normal cycles or are they all over the shop? I had 3 in 6 months and they were getting longer and longer, so I felt that something was wrong even before I was diagnosed in March. It is a bit out of the blue as there is no history of it I'm my family (I'm one of 8 so my mother definitely had no problems in that department!)

my FS recommended injectables straight away, as they are generally a little more effective that Clomid he said and have less side effects. With me, I was commenced on 50IU a day of Puregon and was asked to come back for an USS on day 10 of injections. The USS showed two large follicles on the right, and the next day I was instructed to take the trigger shot of Ovidrel, and then BD like crazy. Unfortunately it didn't work last cycle so we are trying again. Again this cycle I have been injecting 50IU of FSH daily but my D9 USS didn't show any growth of the follicles, so I now have to take 75IU for a week and then go in again for another USS, and keep doing this til we either get 1-2 good size follicles, or we overstimulate >2 follicles, in which case we will have to cancel the cycle.

The injections are fine, they are just in a little Epi-pen like dispenser and you just have to dial up the dose, attach the small needle, pinch some belly fat and insert into the skin and press the button. It's quick and doesn't hurt at all. The most annoying thing is having to do the injections at the same time every day so it does require a little planning. If you are doing IUI, the injectables are free as Medicare covers the cost. If you are doing TI only, I think you have to get them from a pharmacy yourself. Our FS tells us to tell the nurses at the clinic that we are doing IUI even though at this stage it is just TI, so that we get the injections for free. It's his clinic and he tells us to lie so we have been. Not sure how much it costs if you have to get it yourself.

hope this all helps!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm doing IUI and had to pay for my purgeon..? However on the box it said 'full price $336' but I paid $36. So maybe that was the extra that Medicare was covering.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies!
    im back after my months break from IUI.

started a new cycle on day 3 now and start injections on day 5. Has anyone else started injections that late? My last cycle I started on day 2.

how is everyone doing?

J

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again!
    so I got a great F'ing phone call.

as some of you know my husband works overseas. He is away for 10 weeks and home for three. He left for his 10 week rotation a week ago.
    since our last IUI try which failed no one at our clinic told us he needs to submit a new sample for cyrofreezing.

i was about to start a new cycle of IUI with injections and they called and told me that they don't have any frozen sperm as they used it on the last try and failed to tell me. Otherwise my husband would have submitted a new sample while he was home.

i am feeling so depressed and helpless right now as he will only be back end of July and that's 2 months down the drain.

i am so angry and devastated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh M that's terrible news!! What an absolute pain! I'm so sorry :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Mplum, that's terrible!! How could they fail to mention something like that!! That's so heartbreaking! A small detail to them maybe but such a huge deal to you when it gives you such a delay! I would be ****ED off!!

I guess the trick will be to find a way to use the tometo your advantage. can you treat yourself during this time with a little holiday or something? Or spend the time focussing on exercising and relaxing and getting your body to an optimum place for when you do start again...

So sorry that its happened to you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much Kadre!!! 😄 I appreciate your knowledge!!! Yeah my Clomid cycles didn't help me at all. I have another blood test tomorrow but I am pretty sure nothing exciting will happen with my estrogen levels. So a nurse spoke to me and said that I may have to do the injectables. I haven't ovulated yet. 😔 So lets wait and see. I am staying positive!! 😊