Closed Thread
Page 28 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so excited!!! Woohoo!! After 45 days of FSH injections, I get to take my trigger shot & do the Baby Dance!! I'm just so excited to have something happen!!! Yeay!!!

Baby dust to all
    Judy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

i am a first time poster here but I have been reading all your posts over the last few days to try to get my head around all this.

i am 31 and my husband 32. We have been TTC for 6 months with no success. I had 3 natural AF in that time with very long cycles: 46D, 55D, 60D. My GP was happy to send me to see an FS even though it has only been 6months and I went to see him for the first time Monday. I'd had BT and US the week before.

He quickly confirmed PCO, though I have none of the other symptoms. It was a whirlwind appointment but he decided to start me on FSH straight away as he feels it is more effective and less side effects than Clomid. I just had my 3rd injection this morning and am booked in for an US with him in a week I guess to check my follicles. No BD next week he tells me just in case!

i have found the injections easy enough but it's all a bit awkward trying to get them in at the same time of day each day as I work 12 and 13 hr shifts 3-4 days a week, so have to take the injections to work a couple of days a week. MIT will be hard this weekend as we are going to stay with my family for Easter and we haven't told anyone what we're doing and want to keep it that way. We will have to keep the pen in a cooler in our room and keep refreshing ice bricks as if I put it in the fridge then someone will find it and get curious for sure. Feels all a bit clandestine but it's better than having to deal with my whole families questions and all that pressure!

anyone else having to be secretive about all this?

it's exciting to hear that people are having success, though it makes me nervous hearing how long it is taking for some people.... I guess the naive part of me thought that being put on treatment means that next week, my US will be fine, we will be able to BD and get pregnant... Just like that!! Lol! Guess I have a lot to learn, right!

Well anyway, hope everyone has a great Easter break and baby dust to all!

KT

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by judybrown View Post
    I'm so excited!!! Woohoo!! After 45 days of FSH injections, I get to take my trigger shot & do the Baby Dance!! I'm just so excited to have something happen!!! Yeay!!!

Baby dust to all
    Judy

good luck!!!!! Fx for a Xmas baby! I had a scan this am- 1 follie at 17, so I'm going in to get trigger tomorrow morning!! On CD 12 today, is that usual?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadre View Post
    Hi ladies,

i am a first time poster here but I have been reading all your posts over the last few days to try to get my head around all this.

i am 31 and my husband 32. We have been TTC for 6 months with no success. I had 3 natural AF in that time with very long cycles: 46D, 55D, 60D. My GP was happy to send me to see an FS even though it has only been 6months and I went to see him for the first time Monday. I'd had BT and US the week before.

He quickly confirmed PCO, though I have none of the other symptoms. It was a whirlwind appointment but he decided to start me on FSH straight away as he feels it is more effective and less side effects than Clomid. I just had my 3rd injection this morning and am booked in for an US with him in a week I guess to check my follicles. No BD next week he tells me just in case!

i have found the injections easy enough but it's all a bit awkward trying to get them in at the same time of day each day as I work 12 and 13 hr shifts 3-4 days a week, so have to take the injections to work a couple of days a week. MIT will be hard this weekend as we are going to stay with my family for Easter and we haven't told anyone what we're doing and want to keep it that way. We will have to keep the pen in a cooler in our room and keep refreshing ice bricks as if I put it in the fridge then someone will find it and get curious for sure. Feels all a bit clandestine but it's better than having to deal with my whole families questions and all that pressure!

anyone else having to be secretive about all this?

it's exciting to hear that people are having success, though it makes me nervous hearing how long it is taking for some people.... I guess the naive part of me thought that being put on treatment means that next week, my US will be fine, we will be able to BD and get pregnant... Just like that!! Lol! Guess I have a lot to learn, right!

Well anyway, hope everyone has a great Easter break and baby dust to all!

KT
    welcome KT! I have PCOS too. TTC naturally for a year without telling anyone. Started clomid Nov 2012- after 6 doses we moved onto Gonal-F injections this month and so far, so good!

We told immediate family & my close friends & to be honest, it's been wonderful to have their support. They stopped asking us when we'd have kids & they share encouraging stories or just listen to my emotional outbursts!

The first month of clomid I was so hopeful that it would work first time. Now I obviously know it can take a long time to work, but I'm bitterly disappointed each time it doesn't work.

good luck!

Happy to listen or answer any questions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck Kadre,
    I really hope it is that easy for you. I think it's awesome that your FS fast tracked everything for you! I always felt I just wanted to push on with it all before I lost hope and became frustrated and disheartened - its much easier to keep positive in the beginning. I had a similar experience, hit it all head on with back to back cycles, no mucking around and was pg on 5th cycle of injections - about 7 months after starting with my FS. It can happen - I always tried to look at bfn as one closer to a BFP cause it's just a matter of time. Take care

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello

Thought I may as well join you all in here. We're currently ttc no 2 at the moment. DS is nearly 15 months and I became pregnant with him after doing my very first FSH cycle (3 failed clomid cycles previously) I started FSH injections on CD 5 and am currently on CD 8. I go for a scan on Monday. First cycle it took nearly 4 weeks from the day I started injections until the day I O. This cycle FS has started me on 66 (started me on 50 last time) so hoping things move a little quicker this time around.

Look forward to hearing how everyone goes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope everyone had a great Easter! I ate way too much, drank too much and had fun with the family... Sneaking off each morning to get my injections in without telling anyone (so much easier that way with my family!)

Love all your stories, especially success stories! Love_monkey_heart, so excited to hear you conceived on your first cycle of FSH... I'm still hoping this is what happens for us this cycle!

thanks for your support greenfairy and littleone85. It's nice to be able to let it out a bit cause my husband is very practical and thinks that I overthink things, so isn't one for hashing through all the possibilities and getting my hopes up with. He just thinks we just wait and see but I find it had to put it all out of my mind and calmly wait!! Men!

judybrown I jape all your BDing is very fruitful for you! Exciting!!!

Well a few more days and I can have my US to see what's going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Love_Monkey_Heart View Post
    Hello

Thought I may as well join you all in here. We're currently ttc no 2 at the moment. DS is nearly 15 months and I became pregnant with him after doing my very first FSH cycle (3 failed clomid cycles previously) I started FSH injections on CD 5 and am currently on CD 8. I go for a scan on Monday. First cycle it took nearly 4 weeks from the day I started injections until the day I O. This cycle FS has started me on 66 (started me on 50 last time) so hoping things move a little quicker this time around.

Look forward to hearing how everyone goes
    Hi Love Monkey! Welcome and GOOD LUCK!

This is my 1st month of injections (50) after failing with clomid. Did 12 days of injections then trigger shot (Sat) & today(Mon) my bloods confirmed ovulation!!! So now I begin the 2WW!

Love_Monkey_Heart is offline Blessed with a very cheeky Monkey!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kadre - Good luck with your first cycle. Looking forward to hearing how your scan goes.

Littleone - Yay for ovulation!! Now the hardest part begins..... the TWW. Keep yourself busy it will pass before you know it!!

AFM: I had my scan this morning and I have plenty of little follies in there but there are all still around 6mm. So they have upped my dosage from 66 to 82 and I go back for a scan next Monday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Littleone85... Yay for ovulation!! afeter only 12 days on 50 IU too! I'm on day 7 of 50 IU so lets hope I have as good of a run as you! for a sticky baby for you!

Question - did anyone else gain weight with the FSH injections? I know we have just had Easter and my diet wasn't as good as normal, but I seem to have put on 2kg in a week!! Is this something expected?

Good vibes to all!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kadre For This Useful Post:

littleone85  (05-04-2013)