Closed Thread
Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Injections Support Thread #2

I do. I stretch the skin before pinching, hold the pinch while I inject, let go then pull the needle out. Helps you not get bleeding or leakage of meds. Also, try to inject into a fatty bit of your stomach if you have one; it hurts less.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks karma Jane ill give that a go and try and find the fattest part.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by 2013isouryear View Post
    Oh so don't keep skin pinched when injecting?
    The DVD that came with Gonal F injections demonstrated releasing the pinched skin so the the meds disperse but I don't know as it makes much difference as its 10 seconds when injecting :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks karma Jane ill give that a go and try and find the fattest part.
    Just stay away from belly button. My nurse told me to do it almost like a smiley face around the stomach. I ice first with a cold pack and then don't hesitate or over think and just plunge in. It's honestly not that bad :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I found there not that bad just mind over matter. How is ur cycle going?

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeah I found there not that bad just mind over matter. How is ur cycle going?
    So far, so good. This is my first round so I had no idea what to expect but it has been so much easier than I thought it would be. I was on 25 units of fsh and as I only have half an ovary (total) I wasn't expecting much from such a low dose but I had 6 follicles with 3 being large. I started to ovulate on my own so the pregnyl trigger was just a backup and now I am sitting here icing and about to take my last ovidrel shot (cd22) which is helping to keep my uterus lining nice and thick (apparently). Next Monday I go for a pregnancy blood test.

Emotions wise, it's another story. No real tears but I have been one big hormonal gal - been sleeping a lot and feeling hungry constantly. The 2ww has been the hardest. Still.... 1 week to go and I will find out either way!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elsha For This Useful Post:

2013isouryear  (11-02-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi everyone,
    I hope no one minds me posting on this thread. I've never posted before & hoping to get some support through our journey.
    DH & I have been TTC since April last year. Started fertility treatment in October. I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. So I've known there was going to be issues TTC, which is why we visited a FS so soon after coming off the pill. I'm currently on our third round of injections (puregon) & TI (our FS refers to it as Ovulation Induction or OI). My last natural cycle when I visited the FS was going on 110 days. Then they gave me some pills (sorry I don't know what they were) to bring on AF. After that I started my first round, which was 43 straight days of FSH injections before taking the trigger & O. My second round was around 38 days & we had to cancel due to 3 follicles maturing.
    My FS only wants 2 at the most to be released. Makes sense, I don't want a risky multiple pregnancy. (but twins would still be great).
    Just starting my third round this week (25 units of puregon). Got BT on Wednesday, & they'll probably up my dose to 25/50). My body reacts well to a 75/100 unit dosage. So it takes 7 weeks to get there. I'm also taking metformin for the insulin issues PCOS has on the body & started to really work out at the gym harder. I've read that if I from 5% of my body weight, this will help increase the chances of conceiving significantly.
    I also fond myself counting the weeks in which I might take the trigger & then ahead to the possible 40 week mark. Does anyone else find themselves doing this during a cycle? Counting the weeks out if things go to plan??
    I'm feeling really positive about this cycle. So fingers crossed.
    Sending baby dust to everyone
    Judy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Best of luck Judy -- man you are brave, weeks and weeks of injections -- here I thought I was toughing it out for 12 or 13 days!!

I don't calculate dates until the 2ww but I know some people do.

Thanks
    Reviews

Well 2nd scan done- b grade lining at 10.1. Left - 12 follies 2x16, 1x14, 2 x13, 4x11 and 3 less than 7. Right- 9 follies 1x16, 1x 12-13, 3x11,4less than 9. Booked in for another scan Wednesday. Here's hoping they keep growing!!! I asked about my discharge she said it sounds normal but ppl do ovulate early if so my cycle would be cancelled as mine at this size are not the right size. Ill get a blood test result this arvo no news is good news lets hope my phone doesn't ring.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks BettyW, I read you had to do three shots one morning. That's hard! I'd be so nervous if I had to mix the solution up myself, sounds like your a nurse though. So you've had a bit of practice. Do you have to do that every morning, or was it a once off? What type of treatment are you doing ?

Good luck 20013isouryear. I'm hoping your little follies catch up to the bigger ones in time. Hoping this year is our year too!

Baby dust to all!
    Judy