Closed Thread
Page 22 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Injections Support Thread #2

Just wanted to wish all you ladies the very best for 2013. I know how tough the long injection cycles can be but it honestly can and does work (even with TI. I had my doubts) so just hang in there with it. Every month that you don't get your BFP is a month/cycle closer to when you will.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to greenfairy For This Useful Post:

Ijjies  (04-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Hi ladies, thought I'd crash your thread as I had to give myself THREE injections this morning -- new record -- and my tummy is feeling a bit sore and sensitive. The three were Gonal-f (375), Cetrotide and Luveris. First time on Luveris, had to be all nurse-like, drawing up the water and reconstituting the powder etc etc...

I'm fairly ok with giving myself shots now, as long as I don't think about it too much.

Anyway, hi and good luck to you all!

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Hi ladies, thought I'd crash your thread as I had to give myself THREE injections this morning -- new record -- and my tummy is feeling a bit sore and sensitive. The three were Gonal-f (375), Cetrotide and Luveris. First time on Luveris, had to be all nurse-like, drawing up the water and reconstituting the powder etc etc...

I'm fairly ok with giving myself shots now, as long as I don't think about it too much.

Anyway, hi and good luck to you all!
    Hi! I crashed not long ago too.

I'm fine with my one injection a day thanks. You can keep your three.

All the best to you.

Thanks
    Reviews

Very quiet in here of late. How is everyone?

I've just started ultrasounds for this cycle. Not much happening. But a pleasant surprise; I thought my little frosty was a 5 day blast, turns out its a 6 day blast! Hooray for little victories Can't wait to be reunited with him or her...

Welcome Betty. Good luck with everything

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New

Hello everyone
    I am new to these forums and wondering if anyone has any advice/encouragment for me

Last night I injected my first shot of Gonal and it was not painful but still took me a half hour to work myself up to it..
    Hubby and I have been trying for 18 months now, we've done all the tests and I have PCOS (although Doc is confident I can get pregnant) we've done 4 months on Chlomid to no avail. So this is our first try on Gonal.
    It is so scary but I just keep trying to think positive!

Thanks
    Reviews

All the best RKK. I found the injections fine and much better and successful in terms of ovulation than clomid. I too have PCOS but I'm now 13 weeks pregnant after 5 rounds of gonal f with timed intercourse. This thread is a great support but it's gone a little quiet lately.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RKK View Post
    Hello everyone
    I am new to these forums and wondering if anyone has any advice/encouragment for me

Last night I injected my first shot of Gonal and it was not painful but still took me a half hour to work myself up to it..
    Hubby and I have been trying for 18 months now, we've done all the tests and I have PCOS (although Doc is confident I can get pregnant) we've done 4 months on Chlomid to no avail. So this is our first try on Gonal.
    It is so scary but I just keep trying to think positive!
    Welcome!! I had the same issue getting up the nerve to inject for the first time. I'm now in my second cycle of gonal-f and its second nature. I have PCOS too.

I did three cycles of Clomid and then the 4th didn't work so I went onto injections. Just had the trigger on Monday so I'm starting the TWW now.

It has been a bit quiet here lately, but with a couple of new people it might pick up.
    Best of luck everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews

Welcome RKK! True, injections are scary the first round and hopefully you won't be on them long enough to get used to it! But, if you're like a lot of us, it gets a lot easier as you go on. The fear of it is worse than the needles themselves. Also, I found it far less painful to do it myself than when my husband helped. No idea why.

Good luck with it all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all.

My second injection last night was very similar to the first time, I am doing them myself as I thought it would be better than having Hubby do them. On getting all your lovely messages this morning it was very encouraging and tonight (also my birthday) hopefully I won't have any trouble!

I do scratch myself slightly with the needle as I pull it out, does anyone else do that? I think I must start shaking or pull it at the wrong angle or something..

@Greenfairy – That is great news that you are pregnant and positive for me on Gonal.

@Ijjies – Thank you for your message, what does TWW stand for? (sorry am not completely up on the lingo yet) I have to have a blood test next Wednesday and see if I need the trigger shot.

@KarmaJane – Definitely the fear is worse than the needles LOL it's very weird.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by RKK View Post
    Thank you all.

My second injection last night was very similar to the first time, I am doing them myself as I thought it would be better than having Hubby do them. On getting all your lovely messages this morning it was very encouraging and tonight (also my birthday) hopefully I won't have any trouble!

I do scratch myself slightly with the needle as I pull it out, does anyone else do that? I think I must start shaking or pull it at the wrong angle or something..

@Greenfairy – That is great news that you are pregnant and positive for me on Gonal.

@Ijjies – Thank you for your message, what does TWW stand for? (sorry am not completely up on the lingo yet) I have to have a blood test next Wednesday and see if I need the trigger shot.

@KarmaJane – Definitely the fear is worse than the needles LOL it's very weird.
    TWW stands for two week wait. The wait after ovulation until you can poas (pee on a stick) which is a HPT ( home pregnancy test).

There are plenty of acronyms used. There is a thread around here somewhere you can reference.

Happy birthday!!