Closed Thread
Page 22 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 930
  1. #211
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    468
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked
    61
    Reviews
    0

    Default Injections Support Thread #2

    Just wanted to wish all you ladies the very best for 2013. I know how tough the long injection cycles can be but it honestly can and does work (even with TI. I had my doubts) so just hang in there with it. Every month that you don't get your BFP is a month/cycle closer to when you will.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to greenfairy For This Useful Post:

    Ijjies  (04-01-2013)

  3. #212
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,269
    Thanks
    2,955
    Thanked
    1,410
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Default Injections Support Thread #2

    Hi ladies, thought I'd crash your thread as I had to give myself THREE injections this morning -- new record -- and my tummy is feeling a bit sore and sensitive. The three were Gonal-f (375), Cetrotide and Luveris. First time on Luveris, had to be all nurse-like, drawing up the water and reconstituting the powder etc etc...

    I'm fairly ok with giving myself shots now, as long as I don't think about it too much.

    Anyway, hi and good luck to you all!

  4. #213
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    26
    Reviews
    0

    Default Injections Support Thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Hi ladies, thought I'd crash your thread as I had to give myself THREE injections this morning -- new record -- and my tummy is feeling a bit sore and sensitive. The three were Gonal-f (375), Cetrotide and Luveris. First time on Luveris, had to be all nurse-like, drawing up the water and reconstituting the powder etc etc...

    I'm fairly ok with giving myself shots now, as long as I don't think about it too much.

    Anyway, hi and good luck to you all!
    Hi! I crashed not long ago too.

    I'm fine with my one injection a day thanks. You can keep your three.

    All the best to you.

  5. #214
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    186
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0

    Default Injections Support Thread #2

    Very quiet in here of late. How is everyone?

    I've just started ultrasounds for this cycle. Not much happening. But a pleasant surprise; I thought my little frosty was a 5 day blast, turns out its a 6 day blast! Hooray for little victories Can't wait to be reunited with him or her...

    Welcome Betty. Good luck with everything

  6. #215
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0

    Default New

    Hello everyone
    I am new to these forums and wondering if anyone has any advice/encouragment for me

    Last night I injected my first shot of Gonal and it was not painful but still took me a half hour to work myself up to it..
    Hubby and I have been trying for 18 months now, we've done all the tests and I have PCOS (although Doc is confident I can get pregnant) we've done 4 months on Chlomid to no avail. So this is our first try on Gonal.
    It is so scary but I just keep trying to think positive!

  7. #216
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    468
    Thanks
    26
    Thanked
    61
    Reviews
    0

    Default Injections Support Thread #2

    All the best RKK. I found the injections fine and much better and successful in terms of ovulation than clomid. I too have PCOS but I'm now 13 weeks pregnant after 5 rounds of gonal f with timed intercourse. This thread is a great support but it's gone a little quiet lately.

  8. #217
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    26
    Reviews
    0

    Default Injections Support Thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by RKK View Post
    Hello everyone
    I am new to these forums and wondering if anyone has any advice/encouragment for me

    Last night I injected my first shot of Gonal and it was not painful but still took me a half hour to work myself up to it..
    Hubby and I have been trying for 18 months now, we've done all the tests and I have PCOS (although Doc is confident I can get pregnant) we've done 4 months on Chlomid to no avail. So this is our first try on Gonal.
    It is so scary but I just keep trying to think positive!
    Welcome!! I had the same issue getting up the nerve to inject for the first time. I'm now in my second cycle of gonal-f and its second nature. I have PCOS too.

    I did three cycles of Clomid and then the 4th didn't work so I went onto injections. Just had the trigger on Monday so I'm starting the TWW now.

    It has been a bit quiet here lately, but with a couple of new people it might pick up.
    Best of luck everyone.

  9. #218
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    186
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked
    54
    Reviews
    0

    Default Injections Support Thread #2

    Welcome RKK! True, injections are scary the first round and hopefully you won't be on them long enough to get used to it! But, if you're like a lot of us, it gets a lot easier as you go on. The fear of it is worse than the needles themselves. Also, I found it far less painful to do it myself than when my husband helped. No idea why.

    Good luck with it all

  10. #219
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    119
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked
    15
    Reviews
    0
    Thank you all.

    My second injection last night was very similar to the first time, I am doing them myself as I thought it would be better than having Hubby do them. On getting all your lovely messages this morning it was very encouraging and tonight (also my birthday) hopefully I won't have any trouble!

    I do scratch myself slightly with the needle as I pull it out, does anyone else do that? I think I must start shaking or pull it at the wrong angle or something..

    @Greenfairy – That is great news that you are pregnant and positive for me on Gonal.

    @Ijjies – Thank you for your message, what does TWW stand for? (sorry am not completely up on the lingo yet) I have to have a blood test next Wednesday and see if I need the trigger shot.

    @KarmaJane – Definitely the fear is worse than the needles LOL it's very weird.

  11. #220
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    219
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked
    26
    Reviews
    0

    Default Injections Support Thread #2

    Quote Originally Posted by RKK View Post
    Thank you all.

    My second injection last night was very similar to the first time, I am doing them myself as I thought it would be better than having Hubby do them. On getting all your lovely messages this morning it was very encouraging and tonight (also my birthday) hopefully I won't have any trouble!

    I do scratch myself slightly with the needle as I pull it out, does anyone else do that? I think I must start shaking or pull it at the wrong angle or something..

    @Greenfairy – That is great news that you are pregnant and positive for me on Gonal.

    @Ijjies – Thank you for your message, what does TWW stand for? (sorry am not completely up on the lingo yet) I have to have a blood test next Wednesday and see if I need the trigger shot.

    @KarmaJane – Definitely the fear is worse than the needles LOL it's very weird.
    TWW stands for two week wait. The wait after ovulation until you can poas (pee on a stick) which is a HPT ( home pregnancy test).

    There are plenty of acronyms used. There is a thread around here somewhere you can reference.

    Happy birthday!!


 

Similar Threads

  1. Clomid Support thread #12
    By MonsterMummy in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 920
    Last Post: 11-06-2013, 12:05
  2. Injections Support Thread
    By mam83 in forum Fertility Treatment
    Replies: 1238
    Last Post: 17-09-2012, 20:15
  3. TTC After Miscarriage Support Thread! #2
    By earthfairy in forum Pregnancy Loss Support
    Replies: 1195
    Last Post: 13-03-2012, 14:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pebblebee
Parents spend hours looking for things they need NOW. The keys, the remote, darling daughter's treasured teddy. Stop wasting precious time looking & start finding with Bub Hub reviewed Pebblebee Smart Tag. Simply attach a Pebblebee and find it fast.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Tribalance
TriBalance is a physio, yoga & pilates studio in Brisbane's inner north, offering specialised women's health physiotherapy services. Weekly pregnancy yoga classes are scheduled at the studio on Thursdays 1- 2pm and Saturdays 1-2:15pm.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!