Closed Thread
Page 21 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies. I got a bit slack, I have been checking in occassionally but too slack to comment.

I really appreciated all the advice and reasurance I got when starting the injections. They weren't nearly as bad as I thought they'd be. I did 5 days of 50 coming off the back of a round of clomid and it still wasn't quite there so then did 4 days of 75. That did it. I got the trigger injection last Monday and he wanted me to go back this week to have another injection. Something about stopping premature bleeding.

So I'm about 11DPO. I did a test yesterday and saw a second line, was only faint but definitly there. But then realised I had the second injection only a couple of days before and that could be showing up. SO I tested again today, but with a different brand, and no second line.

Will try again in a day or so.

We also had DH tested and found out he has poor morphology, but the other areas are fine. If we are unsuccessful this cycle we have a request form to redo the test. Just to confirm.

So thats where I am. Coming out the end of the TTW. This one has been the easiest as I am SO incredibly busy I've had little time to dwell.

Hope everyone is well.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Injections Support Thread #2

A belated Merry Christmas ladies!

Any news? Ljjies? Anyone? Any BFPs?

I'm still waiting for my FS to reopen for 2013. Had a quiet Christmas Day with DH and FIL despite my mother trying to convince me to come home. Only the second child-free Christmas I've had since my niece was born 11 years ago. Felt kinda wrong but I just couldn't face the day around my sister.

Anyway, happy new year if I don't get on in the next few days. Here's hoping we're all out of the thread in 2013

Thanks
    Reviews

Nope. I just got a Nasty surprise visitor this morning.

I was starting to get really frustrated as I was a week late, but still getting BFNs.

Did anyone find your cycle changed when you started injections? I'm a bit confused. My Clomid cycles were bang on 29 days. Even AF is different. Didn't get any of the normal warning signs.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Injections Support Thread #2

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone had a good xmas.

Not much activity in this thread lately.
    Hope everyone is travelling ok.

Im day 22 into this cycle, my dose is 200iu and still no activity down there. Im having another scan tomorrow. If there isnt a move for the better i am quiting this. Its draining me mentally. Ive been an emotional wreck the last few days. Just constant crying. Im hoping that i thw new year we will be able to do at least one ivf cycle.
    Ive just hit rock bottom and finding it hard to pick myself up and move on.

Sorry for the blah blah blah )

Thanks
    Reviews

My AF has been different since I started ivf (I never did any other injections or fertility drugs before that though), ljjies. It's been a lot lighter and often shorter than it used to be. My cycle is more often at the 28 day range rather than the 35 day ones I got before too. Although it does occasionally stretch out sometimes still. I'm sorry to hear you got AF at all though

Also sorry to hear about your cycle, Babydust. In all honesty though, IVF isn't as scary as we make it out to be. It has the benefit that you at least KNOW there is an embryo when there is one. Plus if you're on a mild stim cycle it's not too much more taxing than what you're doing now. The only difference is you have to have day surgery for egg collection which can hurt a tiny bit after but not more than AF. Have a bit of a break first if you can. Focus on something else for a bit. I know it's hard to but you sound as though it's all too much right now.

Hopefully the new year will bring more babies to our thread, ladies

Thanks
    Reviews

Yeap, you are quite right KarmaJane. Ive just had enough. I am palnning to have a break before i go ahead with ivf. So if this cycle doesnt work out, ill be having a break and then start to looking into ivf!

How you coping with ivf??

Thanks
    Reviews

Not too badly. Right now just waiting for AF to come and for FS to reopen (7th January) so we can do FET with the 5 day blastocyst we have on ice.

I'm coping a little better with other people getting pregnant these days too. A friend of DH has just announced his wife is pregnant after 2 years on IVF (which only DH and I know about I think), so very happy for them. A friend of mine also posted a picture of her 3 kids holding an ultrasound picture saying "our 4 babies" on Facebook today. Happy for her also...and just a tiny bit jealous. But I don't think I'd be human if I wasn't a bit jealous...right? :P

Anyway, my baby is waiting for me in the freezer. Keep trying to say that to myself, "it doesn't matter, our baby is just waiting to be put back inside me". Going to start hypnotherapy once AF gets here. Also thinking of trying brazil nuts as I read the selenium in them helps implantation. Maybe pineapple too...want to do everything I can this time.

Thanks
    Reviews

Good to hear KarmaJane.

Hope all goes well, when they transfer the embryo.

Thanks
    Reviews

Well...this cycle of mine is also cancelled. There has been no improvement, been on 200iu for two weeks.

The fs doesnt want me to go straight into ivf! Has suggested for now to have 2-3weeks off, and start again with a much higher dose, something like 300iu for a few days just to see how my ovaries are going to respond. Its sooo complicated, it seems like he has a plan and he is hoping we will have a result in max 6 months time. All i can do is hope for the best

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by babydust27 View Post
    Well...this cycle of mine is also cancelled. There has been no improvement, been on 200iu for two weeks.

The fs doesnt want me to go straight into ivf! Has suggested for now to have 2-3weeks off, and start again with a much higher dose, something like 300iu for a few days just to see how my ovaries are going to respond. Its sooo complicated, it seems like he has a plan and he is hoping we will have a result in max 6 months time. All i can do is hope for the best
    Sorry to hear that babydust. It must be so frustrating. But try to stay positive, it sounds like he has it in hand.

AFM, I'm on my third day of injections for this cycle. I'm still emotionally getting over the fact that I convinced myself I was pregnant last cycle and the HPT just hadn't got the memo. I was a week late, so plenty of time to jump to conclusions and wishful think.

But we are just getting on with it. I'm on 75 and see him on Saturday.