Closed Thread
Page 74 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Hi Swizzly!
    Do you chart your BBT, cervical mucus and position? Anything to give you some idea of where you are? What's your obstetric history? Are you able to put it in your signature to remind us all?
    It makes sense that you would have a lighter period post-D&C. The OBGYN would have removed tissue down to the myometrium (muscle layer) to give you a lovely new surface to work with! But will therefore take a little longer to become lush and fertile again.
    I, too, wish I had my 2 year old's energy!...To wake up in the morning and find everything fascinating!!
    J.
    Thanks J - I don't temp but I know my CM does this odd stringy thing a few days before O... well at least I think it does, it does it every month on around CD11, so I guess I can just watch out for that.

I had a D&C 10 weeks ago, I was about 13 weeks along and bubs was found to have Encephaolcele, but with the brain already coming through the skull opening there was no chance of survival I lost about 1.5ltrs of blood during the procedure and then had another D&C 2 weeks later for retained product - my OB said it wasn't uncommon as I was a little further along and it can be easy to miss small amounts. I guess looking back on all of that I am just expecting too much from my body too quickly. I think after the loss I just wanted to be pregnant again so badly that I am trying to rush everything.

I have to work on my signature - I have never really had one there so I should work that out, lol. Congratulations btw, I saw that you got your BFP recently - How exciting!! Has sickness struck yet? I hope you have a happy and healthy 9 months.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh swizzly what an awful story so sorry you have been through that!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's really sad swizzly. I hope your TTC journey is quick for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    AF due today, I have brown spotting when I wipe, so I'm expecting her tomorrow. It seems my luteal phase has decided to be 13 days now. I had a melt down yesterday cos I knew she was coming. I'm doing ok today. I've accepted the inevitable.

We're going away for a week mid next week, so will be away at o time. Hopefully the relaxation will do the trick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the kind words - it has been a hard few months but it has just made me realise how much I want this. I know I am going to be scared next time - even if I make the 12 week point I wont be able to rest. I am on a high dose of folic acid so hopefully we wont have any similar problems to last time - it was a neural tube defect so they said higher doses of folic acid could improve our chances of not having similar conditions.

ToniS - Good luck with the blood test, I really hope it shows your O'd. Have you called yet?

Lil Smurfy - are you sure you are out? I am not trying to get your hopes up but my AF usually starts with a little brown spotting before I get really heavy (kind of like a warning I guess, lol) but each time I have been pregnant I still got the same brown spotting and each time I was convinced it was AF starting. The spotting was always a few days and then it would click that AF hasn't really started. I guess what I am saying is if you spot for a few days and AF never really kicks into gear it could be worth testing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    Shelby, if I can get pregnant with my husband in another State, then you can, with the added benefit of youth! It's the months you think are impossible! Best of luck,
    J x.
    Hmm maybe I need to make my DH go interstate...

Good luck Shelby, FX this is your month. Like J said - you never know!! I know what you mean about ttc getting difficult and putting pressure on yourself - we really dont help ourselves sometimes do we??!!! I keep stressing that next month is DDs 3rd Birthday and we have been ttc over 12 months... plus with Xmas coming up... We have to think positive - it WILL happen!!

Calico - Fx you are still in with a chance

Swizzly - Oh swizzly how sad, I hope you get your BFP soon

Toni - good luck with your results - have you rung yet?

Lil Smurfy - Fx its not AF arriving

AFM - CD8, jabbing away... looks like I might have a new car (yay!) waiting to hear back from the dealer, need to have a few things fixed up (mainly paint work )before we take it. Yay!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to waitinghoping For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (15-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    1Dpo and I'm already staring at my diary wishing the days away
    It's so hard isn't it!!! I wish there was a way to turn my brain off from thinking about TTC for a couple of weeks. Hope it passes quickly for you- keep busy!

Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    So hopefully get my B/T results today so indicate if I O'd this month or not. Bit nervous so haven't even called the GYN yet.
    Any news hun?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    AF due today, I have brown spotting when I wipe, so I'm expecting her tomorrow. It seems my luteal phase has decided to be 13 days now. I had a melt down yesterday cos I knew she was coming. I'm doing ok today. I've accepted the inevitable.

We're going away for a week mid next week, so will be away at o time. Hopefully the relaxation will do the trick.
    Sorry to hear that sweetie, people often say when they go on holiday and stop thinking about it that's when the get UTD.

Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    AFM - CD8, jabbing away... looks like I might have a new car (yay!) waiting to hear back from the dealer, need to have a few things fixed up (mainly paint work )before we take it. Yay!
    Good news! Hope you're all recovered from your awful experience now.

AFM- 7dpo bloods came back with estrogen 494 and progesterone 76.6. I've been using crinone this time (progesterone cream) so expected this level to be higher, but it's double what it was at this stage last month. So FX it's creating a nice comfy lining for a fertilised egg! My estrogen last month (when I had my chemical) was 575 so worrying maybe it's too low this time to indicate pregnancy?

Going for another BT on Thursday (10dpo) to check for HCG. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be positive!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

shelby27  (15-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by swizzly555 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words - it has been a hard few months but it has just made me realise how much I want this. I know I am going to be scared next time - even if I make the 12 week point I wont be able to rest. I am on a high dose of folic acid so hopefully we wont have any similar problems to last time - it was a neural tube defect so they said higher doses of folic acid could improve our chances of not having similar conditions.

ToniS - Good luck with the blood test, I really hope it shows your O'd. Have you called yet?

Lil Smurfy - are you sure you are out? I am not trying to get your hopes up but my AF usually starts with a little brown spotting before I get really heavy (kind of like a warning I guess, lol) but each time I have been pregnant I still got the same brown spotting and each time I was convinced it was AF starting. The spotting was always a few days and then it would click that AF hasn't really started. I guess what I am saying is if you spot for a few days and AF never really kicks into gear it could be worth testing
    Good luck, I hope you are pregnant soon.

Thanks for giving me some hope. I guess I'll know in the morning whether AF is coming. I was disheartened this morning and didn't take my temp, that would have given me some idea. I just assumed it would have dropped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have called now waiting for GYN to call me back. I hope the results are in I hate waiting and as AF was due today and nothing I'm hoping O occurred because it may change when AF appears to Thursday which will be14 days post O if it happened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Howdy all,
    I've been keeping away from BH for a while but thought I'd check in on how everyone is going.

J - huge congratulations!!!! I was so excited to see your news. I can imagine how stressed you are feeling as just the thought of being pregnant again after my mc brings up all the worry. I am such a believer that a calm mum makes for a calm baby and have no idea how I will control that when my time comes. I hope those numbers keep doubling beautifully for you. How long until you have your first scan?

Swizzly - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I had a D&C 3 months ago for a blighted ovum at 8 wks. My AF has been different since, with the first 2 being much heavier and longer than normal, and my last getting closer to how they used to be. I saw my obgyn after my first AF and he said that it is totally normal for AF to be "wacky" for a few months following any pregnancy (no matter of the outcome).

Fingers crossed for everyone else who is playing this torturous TTC game.

AFM - I am currently CD10. I had a big meltdown when AF arrived this time, have not been so badly affected before now. We have a family wedding in 2 weeks time and it sounds silly but when I was pregnant I was planning my outfit etc based on the fact that I would be 5 months pg at the wedding and now I won't be pg at all. It was also my 3rd month trying after the mc and I fell pregnant in our 3rd month of trying so figured it would be when it happened. I know that it doesn't work that way and just have to get on with making it happen again. On the plus side, AF behaved much more like normal this time so hopefully that means my body is getting back to normal again. Fingers crossed I will have more EWCM this time as there has been much less than normal since the mc and I'm sure that is either a sign of things not being right or at the least won't be helping the process.