Closed Thread
Page 53 of 86 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I would temp over using OPKs, and have sex daily or every second day until you've had 3 days of elevated temps.

OPKs are a sign ovulation is going to happen but not a sign it has. EWCM is the same- it's caused by high oestrogen which is the prevalent hormone in the follicular phase. So - you may get Ewcm, or a positive OPK, but it doesn't guarantee ovulation will happen...your body might gear up to it, and not get there.

the only way to know if you've ovulated is by observing a thermal shift in bbt, or having a progesterone blood test to see if your prog levels are high enough to indicate ovulation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So if you have a thermal shift, you've definitely ovulated???

Next question, is there any benefit to continuing to temp after you've ovulated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Yep dtd as much as I can, will try tonight and tomorrow and hopefully I have it covered, we'll see, my temp dropped this morning so not sure if that is a good sign, see if it goes up tomorrow. Sorry about quality of the pics, the iphone 5 is not as good as the iphone 4 with close up photos.Attachment 26779
    I would not interpret any of them as positive just yet, but I would not be surprised if tonight's OPK is positive. Have you re-tested? I would definitely continue having sex daily; you are entering peak fertility!
    Let us know what tonight's OPK is doing?
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    So if you have a thermal shift, you've definitely ovulated???

Next question, is there any benefit to continuing to temp after you've ovulated?
    The only way to establish "definite" ovulation is via transvaginal ultrasound and identification of a corpus luteum...even then it can be tricky in all scenarios. Again, a rise in progesterone makes ovulation close to a sure thing.
    However, a thermal shift is a VERY good sign that ovulation has most probably occurred. If, 14 days later, your period starts, this is also strong evidence of ovulation.
    It is important to keep charting your BBTs throughout the cycle, as it will identify a pattern and potentially assist in planning for the next cycle. It assists in establishing your baseline, and identifying the range of your BBTs (amount by which it rises and falls). Basically it helps complete the picture.
    J.

Ps. What were yesterday and today's BBTs?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Lil Smurfy  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't usually bother with opks at night j as they're always negative :/ I give up just going to keep DTD and temping and hp I catch it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't usually bother with opks at night j as they're always negative :/ I give up just going to keep DTD and temping and hp I catch it
    Good plan. That's what I would do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting show on gem tonight : inside the human body on pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tormy View Post
    gah im feelin crappy tonite....i keep thinking about how many cycles of clomid i have left (3 including the one im currently doing) and im freaking out about what'll happen if i dont get utd in the next 3 months........its scary to think that our ttc efforts will most likely stop next yr cos i probably still wont be able to ovulate by myself
    Oh Tormy...you have had a hard time, haven't you. I've read your TTC Journey, and I was touched.
    Sending you a big hug.
    J x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting show on gem tonight : inside the human body on pregnancy
    I'm watching "Can of Worms", while hubby chastises me for too much Bub-Hubbing! (Is there such a thing?!).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (08-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    The only way to establish "definite" ovulation is via transvaginal ultrasound and identification of a corpus luteum...even then it can be tricky in all scenarios. Again, a rise in progesterone makes ovulation close to a sure thing.
    However, a thermal shift is a VERY good sign that ovulation has most probably occurred. If, 14 days later, your period starts, this is also strong evidence of ovulation.
    It is important to keep charting your BBTs throughout the cycle, as it will identify a pattern and potentially assist in planning for the next cycle. It assists in establishing your baseline, and identifying the range of your BBTs (amount by which it rises and falls). Basically it helps complete the picture.
    J.

Ps. What were yesterday and today's BBTs?
    Yesterday was 36.77 and today was 36.70