Closed Thread
Page 42 of 91 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    J - I can't imagine how tough it must be until you get to see that little heartbeat that gives so much reassurance that all will be ok. I have everything crossed for you that inside is a healthy little growing bean with lots of sticky power!

Bubbles1984 - I would go by the OPK, they always work perfectly for me and I trust them over anything else as my ovulation day varies from cycle to cycle even if my cycle length is reasonably regular....

I posted this elsewhere but here is what this cycle's OPK results look like for me. The oldest and the top and the most recent at the bottom.IMG_6105.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Are you using a bbt thermometer that goes to 2 decimal places, or a normal one that only goes to 1 decimal place?
    I just use a normal one could that be the issue?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Big hugs J.

Afm just waiting waiting waiting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nila View Post
    I just use a normal one could that be the issue?
    You must use a specific BBT thermometer, which has a narrow range, but is sensitive to 2 decimal places. When you chart, you need to use a scale that has at least 0.05 degree increments. Better still, use an App like OvuView or Fertility Friend which charts it for you.
    The change in BBT over the cycle is usually only about 0.5-0.6 degrees, however when you measure this change to within 0.01 degrees, it will reveal an overall trend for each cycle. There is day-to-day variation, but the overall pattern will give you useful information.
    Good luck with it!
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    Afm just waiting waiting waiting!
    Me too!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh J, that must be so hard. Im sorry I havent been in your situation (never made it to the scan with my m/c only cos I was working away from home so couldnt have one - otherwise Im sure it would have been the same ) I really hope this bub is a take-home bub for you xx

Bubbles - sorry I havent used maybe baby and OPKS never really worked for me

Nila - I bought a proper BBT thermometer but havent used it yet so Im no help sorry!

Mumsical - wow thats clear OPKs, wish I had that happen! Fx you catch the egg this month!

Thanks
    Reviews
    What's the best time of the day to do an opk?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles1984 View Post
    What's the best time of the day to do an opk?
    I think I read somewhere 2pm so I have always tried to do one then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always do mine at 10:30am because 2pm always comes up negative

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bondgirl, it is comforting to know in not the only one this has happened too!

If nothing happens by the end of the month I'll go see my doctor to see what can be done.

I don't know much about Clomid but do you need to have a period to use it? Does it need to be taken on certain cycle days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybee baybee View Post
    I got my results this afternoon and I have ovulated!!! I'm so happy as this at least means we are in with a chance. Here's hoping the clomid was just what my body needed to kick start things. My level was 29.6 on cd22. Much better than cd24 last month and it was only 6.5. So I guess I'm officially in the 2WW!
    Hurray for O maybee baybee! That's a great level.

Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Hi everyone,
    Congrats J and button!!

Wow this tread moves fast, a week away and so far behind.

AFM AF finally showed up at 14days late cd35. So I'm now on cd3.... So now no idea when Ill ovulate so going to try bd every 2nd day from cd10. Had per preg bloods done and all looks great. Back to the TTC journey
    Sorry AF came hun. So frustrating when you O late and it tricks you with a late period! Good luck for this cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniS View Post
    Oh I mean 2cm lol which would be 20mm indeed haha sorry still just excited that I got a good result
    Ah ok yes 20mm is great, lovely and big. FX it will turn into a lovely bub!

Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    So I have completely lost the plot tonight; sobbing into my pillow. Nothing has changed, but I keep thinking about my last 2 early pregnancy ultrasounds, when they told me I had miscarried. I don't know if I could survive that a 3rd time. I should be happy. I am just so scared.
    Oh J, that is so hard for you. I totally understand your worry, and nothing will ease that until you have your scan, but we're all crossing our fingers for you and hoping that '3rd time is a charm' for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeja View Post
    Thanks Bondgirl, it is comforting to know in not the only one this has happened too!

If nothing happens by the end of the month I'll go see my doctor to see what can be done.

I don't know much about Clomid but do you need to have a period to use it? Does it need to be taken on certain cycle days?
    Yes you have to have a period before you use it- so for me the first 3 times I had to take primolut for a few days to make me get AF (which was lighter than normal) then start clomid on 2nd day of period through to 6th day. Then once it actually made it ovulate (which wasn't until the 3rd month of taking it when the dose got up to 150mg) I got AF on my own and didn't need the primolut anymore.

Hopefully you won't need to use it!

AFM- CD 17 today and had more bloods done. Hoping that by the end of this week/start of next I will be O'ing. Will ring at 2pm and find out!

Saw while I was there that they are closed for about a week or more over Christmas so worrying that if I am not UTD by then I won't be able to have any tests or triggers etc! ARGGHH!! Silly to be worrying this early about it I know. lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

maybee baybee  (04-10-2012)