Closed Thread
Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 853
  1. #251
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,988
    Thanks
    183
    Thanked
    464
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    J - that makes perfect sense to me.

    Tormy = sorry to hear that, hope going away on holiday helps you to relax

  2. #252
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    5,259
    Thanks
    1,046
    Thanked
    1,752
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Morning ladies! Well it's a wild and wooly day here in Adelaide & everyone is grand final mad!

    J- I think u told me a while ago that trying again straight after an early natural mc was fine? Just wondering if there is any research that shows conceiving straight away without having AF links to birth defects?

    Tormy- big hugs x

  3. #253
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,139
    Thanks
    88
    Thanked
    399
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    Can someone explain symptoms in the TWW to me please? Is it just me or does anyone else not understand symptoms in the TWW? I thought that the egg doesn't even attach to you until about 8DPO so how can there be symptoms before that because every month our body is still doing the same thing up to 8-10DPO. I never have looked for symptoms for my whole ttc journey? I never noticed any when pregnant with DS (in the TWW) and when people talk about them i think they could be caused by numerous things. I'm not saying there's no such things as symptoms I'm saying can someone explain it to me I just genuinely don't understand
    Shelby27 - you are right its not possible to have proper symptoms until after implantation occurs (6-11 dpo) which triggers a hormonal response. I think the reason many women claim they experience symptoms before this is mainly due to the fact that they are more sensitive to what their body is doing and paying attention to every little twinge or perceived change.

    I find that some months I get tender breasts anyway a week before AF is due. It doesn't happen every month. Some months I get a few light cramps every now and again during this time too. I think its only with TTC for quite a few months that you begin to really notice that these things happen. I have had months where I was "feeling it" and expecting to see a BFP and it didn't happen. The month I actually did get my BFP with my DS, I was totally not expecting it and didn't have any change at all. After I got my BFP though the symptoms started rolling in lol

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    675
    Thanks
    22
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone still here still reading along. I am having issues without the app and have tried to reply but lost a few long posts I have done in here so gave up

    Thanks for the info J. It was certainly true for me when I got my BFP with my DD that I didn't get any symptoms tille 5-6 weeks and the lack of AF symptoms were probably the best sign of pregnancy. Good reminder not to do too much symptom spotting in the 2ww.

  5. #255
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    4,119
    Thanks
    1,744
    Thanked
    914
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumsical View Post
    Shelby27 - you are right its not possible to have proper symptoms until after implantation occurs (6-11 dpo) which triggers a hormonal response. I think the reason many women claim they experience symptoms before this is mainly due to the fact that they are more sensitive to what their body is doing and paying attention to every little twinge or perceived change.

    I find that some months I get tender breasts anyway a week before AF is due. It doesn't happen every month. Some months I get a few light cramps every now and again during this time too. I think its only with TTC for quite a few months that you begin to really notice that these things happen. I have had months where I was "feeling it" and expecting to see a BFP and it didn't happen. The month I actually did get my BFP with my DS, I was totally not expecting it and didn't have any change at all. After I got my BFP though the symptoms started rolling in lol
    I just keep thinking that women are settling themselves up for disappointment when they look for symptoms, I don't know why so many do it to themselves.

    J like usual you described it perfectly

  6. #256
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,409
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,058
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I think it's a case of paying close attention to it. I never have AF symptoms - no sore boobs, no cramping etc. or so I thought. The month we tried with donor, I felt so many things I'd never felt before but I think it's probably because I was just paying so much attention to my body I was feeling things that probably happen every month but I never had cause to notice before.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

    gemgem05  (30-09-2012)

  8. #257
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5,848
    Thanks
    2,917
    Thanked
    1,629
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby27 View Post
    I just keep thinking that women are settling themselves up for disappointment when they look for symptoms, I don't know why so many do it to themselves.

    J like usual you described it perfectly
    I completely agree. The first few months I noticed heaps of things that were different, but then AF arrived. I put them down to me paying more attention and looking for signs, and the fact that the pill wasn't masking things anymore.

    It's hard to know whether to let people have hope, or point out that it's too early. I feel I'm being a b1tch if I point it out, so I leave them too it.

    Every symptom I've ever googled, has also been an AF sign too. Now I just wait it out for AF to arrive.

  9. #258
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChannyV View Post
    Morning ladies! Well it's a wild and wooly day here in Adelaide & everyone is grand final mad!

    J- I think u told me a while ago that trying again straight after an early natural mc was fine? Just wondering if there is any research that shows conceiving straight away without having AF links to birth defects?

    Tormy- big hugs x
    Not at all. In fact, there is research to suggest that in the 6 months following a miscarriage, there is an increase in a woman's fertility and no evidence of any increase in failed pregnancy. It is not understood why, but there was a large study published recently from Scotland.
    Go forth and have lots of sex!
    J x.

  10. #259
    rainbow road's Avatar
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    in a glass case of emotion
    Posts
    12,409
    Thanks
    1,187
    Thanked
    8,058
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Hey J, I got some urine test result back and I have a mild iodine defficiency apparently. A few questions:

    1) My urine was really dilute as I didn't realise I wasn't meant to drink too much beforehand. Could this have affected the result? I have 197mg of iodine in my vitamin which alone should make my levels sufficient, I also eat lots of apparently iodine rich foods. I will start adding iodised salt to my food though (I don't add salt to anything usually).

    2) Do you think we will be able to proceed or will we have to wait until my iodine levels are sufficient? I had a thyroid function test done and it's fully functioning. Obviously I want to give a baby the best possible start but I also don't know how I could possibly get more iodine into me between the food I eat and the vitamin!

  11. #260
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,916
    Thanks
    638
    Thanked
    2,324
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    Hey J, I got some urine test result back and I have a mild iodine defficiency apparently. A few questions:

    1) My urine was really dilute as I didn't realise I wasn't meant to drink too much beforehand. Could this have affected the result? I have 197mg of iodine in my vitamin which alone should make my levels sufficient, I also eat lots of apparently iodine rich foods. I will start adding iodised salt to my food though (I don't add salt to anything usually).

    2) Do you think we will be able to proceed or will we have to wait until my iodine levels are sufficient? I had a thyroid function test done and it's fully functioning. Obviously I want to give a baby the best possible start but I also don't know how I could possibly get more iodine into me between the food I eat and the vitamin!
    Firstly, iodine deficiency is quite common in Australians. When I was pregnant with Oscar, I was advised to use iodised salt, which I did.
    Yes, a particularly dilute urine can affect iodine concentration, and therefore give a spurious result.
    If your thyroid function tests are normal, and your iodine levels are only mildly low, I cannot see any reason to delay IUI. Given you have a month before your first IUI, you have plenty of time to augment your iodine levels. Iodised salt is an easy way to do this.
    J x.


 

Similar Threads

  1. TTC and not wanting to move #5
    By shelby27 in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 2073
    Last Post: 19-12-2012, 14:57
  2. TTC and not wanting to move #2
    By rainbow road in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 863
    Last Post: 02-09-2012, 12:10
  3. TTC and not wanting to move!!!!!!!!!
    By pinkorblue in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1419
    Last Post: 16-08-2012, 19:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Einsteinz Music
Make music at Einsteinz Music in age-appropriate class in Sydney's Inner West, Eastern Suburbs or North Shore. For ages 6 mths - 4 yrs. All music is live! Christmas Gift certificates available for full term or casual classes. Call 0431 338 143
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
121Temps
For the last 10 years 121 Temps has helped thousands of personal assistants/others to set up and work as a virtual assistant from home. Our services include: - One-2-One Mentoring - Online Training/Courses - Handbook, Toolkits, Templates & more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!