Closed Thread
Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    I didn't O until cd 24 with clomid last month aftertaking it days 2-6 (hoping it will be earlier this time!) so although the rule is 5-10 days it can be different.
    Thanks Bond girl I'm hoping to O soon I have had twinges on and off fx it happens soon.

If you don't mind me asking Bond girl how much testing do u have done each cycle. I see my FS on 12 oct and if this cycle I want to talk with him about testing during my cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MissFaery View Post
    Negative.

Good luck everyone, I'm taking some time out :-)
    I needed some time as well and I lost it after 3 months of trying.

See you soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loonylea View Post
    Thanks J I do O by my self and already have 2children dd7 and ds4 it's just I O late cd 19 is the earliest I have ever O. As we have been now trying for 15/16 months FS wanted to get my cycle shorter. so when u use ur opk at 11am&8pm when do u go bathroom and don't u have to try not drink much water???
    OK, then your doctor is obviously trying to effect an earlier ovulation. That makes sense. Like I said, 50mg may not be enough for you to precipitate an earlier ovulation, and I expect your doctor will probably want to increase the dose if you don't ovulate in the next few days.
    As for OPKs, it is best to minimise fluid intake for 2 hours prior to doing an OPK. So try to time your toilet breaks for 11am and 8pm. Having said this, I never restrict fluid myself, and I always get a positive OPK when I ovulate (CD17-19 for me these days)! Just be sensible, and don't drink excessively before the OPK...common sense stuff, really.
    J.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (27-09-2012),maybee baybee  (27-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, a quick question for J -

I am really sore (all muscular) since the accident yesterday cos I was really thrown around, but due to being in the 2ww havent taken anything, just paracetamol, hot showers and wheat bag (mainly neck, chest, shoulders and back). is there anything else I can take? cant turn my head and its agonising trying to stand up / sit down / move I presume I cant use anything like nurofen gel or deep heat? Im off to the physio in the morning to get checked over. Thanks x

Sorry to hear your news too MsFaery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    From what you have said, it sounds like a relative deficiency of progesterone in your luteal phase. Progesterone stimulates the endometrium to become "thick and lush" and hence a welcome environment for implantation and subsequent placental development. If it is too thin, a fertilised egg basically wont stick.
    Having said this, it is nothing that cannot be fixed by "tweaking" certain medications. Your blood tests will shed some more light on this...when do you get results?
    J.
    Thanks J. I don't think I get my results until day 21 of next cycle. My next cycle is an assessment cycle so lots of bloods and u/s. I am glad that I am starting the process if finding out if i have a problem but so scared as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sorry to hear you found this out, but hope they can sort it out by giving you some progesterone support. My BMI is 17, so I'm also underweight, but I easily conceived my son at this weight, and also pregnant again recently but it didn't stick. I think sometimes too much emphasis is put on BMI as it just depends what a good weight for you is

Poor you! Hope you feel better soon and thank god your LO wasn't in the car! Rest up. [/QUOTE]

Thanks Bond - I have always been this weight so I agree with you too. My whole family are thin and no one else has had problems.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waitinghoping View Post
    Sorry, a quick question for J -

I am really sore (all muscular) since the accident yesterday cos I was really thrown around, but due to being in the 2ww havent taken anything, just paracetamol, hot showers and wheat bag (mainly neck, chest, shoulders and back). is there anything else I can take? cant turn my head and its agonising trying to stand up / sit down / move I presume I cant use anything like nurofen gel or deep heat? Im off to the physio in the morning to get checked over. Thanks x

Sorry to hear your news too MsFaery.
    I am not surprised you are sore; soft tissue injury of the neck from trauma is generally quite painful. You will need to rest up as much as possible in the next few days, and then GENTLY start to mobilise again. The Physio will guide you with this.
    As for medications: regular paracetamol definitely. I would avoid NSAIDS in this part of your cycle (ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc) as there is some evidence to suggest they can interfere with implantation. NSAIDs are fine in the first half of your cycle.
    Have you considered Mersyndol? There is a Day and Night strength, both over-the-counter from your Pharmacy. It is essentially paracetamol and codeine, and the Night strength has doxylamine in it, which helps to relax your muscles (but makes you sleepy).
    Deep Heat should be fine to use.
    My commiserations, darling. I hope the Mersyndol helps. If not, go to your GP for some Panadeine Forte (higher dose of codeine, which is safe to take too).
    J.

Thanks
    Reviews
    J
    Finally got my +opk this morning so happy I can now at least know when to expect that dam AF. Have appt with FS on 12 oct so will see what he wants to do.
    Thanks so much for your help J and Bond girl glad to know My body is not the only one that's not following the rules lol. 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    I am not surprised you are sore; soft tissue injury of the neck from trauma is generally quite painful. You will need to rest up as much as possible in the next few days, and then GENTLY start to mobilise again. The Physio will guide you with this.
    As for medications: regular paracetamol definitely. I would avoid NSAIDS in this part of your cycle (ibuprofen, diclofenac, etc) as there is some evidence to suggest they can interfere with implantation. NSAIDs are fine in the first half of your cycle.
    Have you considered Mersyndol? There is a Day and Night strength, both over-the-counter from your Pharmacy. It is essentially paracetamol and codeine, and the Night strength has doxylamine in it, which helps to relax your muscles (but makes you sleepy).
    Deep Heat should be fine to use.
    My commiserations, darling. I hope the Mersyndol helps. If not, go to your GP for some Panadeine Forte (higher dose of codeine, which is safe to take too).
    J.
    Thanks J, been to the Physio he didnt want to do too much today because Im so sore but did some ultrasound treatment. Have to go back Tues. Might look in to the Mersyndol, and Im off to the GP tomorrow. Thanks again

Well the car is definitely a write off, insurance just rang to confirm and organise pay out. I have a car I can borrow for a few weeks **phew** once I can drive again. Just a pain cos Im on holidays from work and it means I dont get to spend extra time with DD cos I cant lift her / chase after her etc and Ive been hanging out for holidays

Wish this 2ww would hurry up!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    waitinghoping- hope you have a speedy recovery!

looneylea- yey for the +opk! Get BD'ing!

Tormy- any news about those HCG levels yet?

AFM- I had a BT today and they want me to go for an ultrasound and another BT on Tuesday. I am cd 11 today. Things seem to be happening a bit quicker this cycle as my oestrogen level is higher than it was at this stage last month. So hoping I O a bit quicker. FX it'll happen next week! Going to DTD every 2nd day until I get confirmation I need the trigger shot then will do every day.

BTW the weather in Canberra is awful today! DS childcare centre is shut today for training so I am off work with him. Can't do very much in all this rain! Luckily he just seems to want to read books.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

loonylea  (28-09-2012)