View Poll Results: Do you enjoy having children at functions?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 30.77%
  • No

2 7.69%
  • Yes and No

16 61.54%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    depends on the function.

we have room in our life for a wide variety of experiences....and do our best to embrace them all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default ***Spin Off*** Do you enjoy having children at functions?

Unless it's a children's party - no I don't

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. ...IF the children are playing happily etc

No..if the kids are whining,whining, wrecking things,constantly harassing me or other parents that there hungry,tired, bored....it drives me crazy..I just wish the parents would just take the kids and leave.

So it doesn't really bother me if everyone is relaxed and having fun..

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No, I dislike children. generally speaking.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I love kids at functions, if there are other kids to occupy them. I remember I used to fall asleep under the table when my family went out for dinner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'm not too concerned with other peoples kids. Though honestly I'd prefer to not take mine to things like weddings, or where they or we need to sit down for any length of time, or where i might feel super self conscious if they are disruptive. But other peoples kids who I can just more or less ignore don't bother me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Oh this is a tough one. I voted yes and no. No to formal or adult parties - like weddings, but yes to family bbqs etc. Our wedding was strictly child free (new babies excepted, they are a package deal with mum), and that's how I liked it. My baby shower was also child free (again, new babies excepted) because it was a grown up party.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I said yes, but it probably should have been yes & no. For family gatherings I try & bring the kids cause my extended family love to see the kids and vice versa. Evening functions after 7pm are difficult though as the kids get grumpy from being overtired and having my dd screaming hysterically all the way home is a great way to ruin a night out.

For formal dinners like Wedding Receptions, conference dinners (or dinners with speeches), etc then I don't think kids would enjoy them, so I don't see the point in having kids there and I would feel sorry for kids that were there. I had two 9yo flowergirls for my Wedding and they struggled through the reception as it was a huge day for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    it wouldnt bother me personally if they were reasonably behaved and the parents had control of them.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    At an adult type event (engagement party, wedding etc), I enjoy myself more sans the kids. I think it's perfectly normal to enjoy 'grown up' time without the children around.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Alexander Beetle  (17-09-2012)