+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Veve is offline Assistant Forum Manager :)
    Winner 2007 - best signature
    Winner 2008/2009/ 2010- naughtiest mod

RG always has to save my butt <3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    if hubby is a computer person .. link him to the youtube clips of the Penn and Teller show that they made on the topic - they are magicians/ comedians .. but they did a string of more serious things for awhile ..

My husband was a fence sitter - and it nudged him over to my side .. both my boys are intact

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As everyone else has mentioned, it's not very often that a boy (especially a teenager) will be standing around comparing his penis with his father. In fact, it's probably never. It's highly likely that he will be comparing it to boys in the locker room, most of whom will be intact.

I have a theory about men who get their sons done to look like them regarding their own bodily hangups...but I won't go into that here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    It makes about as much sense as me getting my daughters' breasts enlarged if they are small as I am a DD cup. Ridiculous.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

amazonbaby  (30-09-2012),VicPark  (01-10-2012),Witwicky  (30-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm genuinely curious here, why do so many of you think that the majority of boys being born at the moment aren't getting circumcised, therefore this little boy will be comparing to intact males once he grows up and is in school toilets etc?

I haven't had any kids yet but ALL the baby boys I know of (with the exception of my nephew born 4 weeks ago) have been circumcised, so from my personal experience I would have to be thinking my nephew is the odd one out being left intact.

I'm wondering if it's different area demographics or something I don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Because that's what the stats show.

http://www.circinfo.org/news_2012.html#stats

Almost no child or baby boy I know is circ'd.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    And this has the numbers sitting at 10% for Australia

http://www.health.wa.gov.au/docreg/E...rcumcision.pdf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I have read that before but that is so different to my personal experience. I don't really have an opinion on whether it should or shouldn't happen, haven't given it any thought. Just find it interesting that the stats are so significantly different to what I 'know' of among new baby boys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I'm not sure i follow. Your original post asked why so many of us believe the majority of boys won't be circ'd, and when I posted the link to the stats you say you know about them but your experience is different? Are you questioning the stats? 10% of males is still quite a few, but not the majority.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.
    Last edited by Sonja; 30-09-2012 at 13:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your post changed.....

Well I don't know where they get their stats from but no I don't believe they are wrong. They are just different to what is represented by my personal experience. Which to me means there are probably other people that have experiences different to what the stats say.

Before you post changed you said you don't know any circ'd boys, so therefore even your experience is different as the stats say 10-20% depending which lot you take as gospel.

Like I said originally it was a genuine question, why do you all believe that? So to extrapolate that for you, is it because of the stats or your own experience? Clearly for you it is both I'm guessing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yes my post changed because the more I thought about your reply I didn't get it. I had already said in my initial post I don't know any circ'd kids so I didn't need it say it again. I also couldn't follow your reply. Thanks for clarifying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast