+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly28 View Post
    Yeah that was exactly what the midwives said to me, Flyer. I kinda think maybe I just wait until he is born and see how DH feels then or rather rely on the fact that he (DH) wont be able to bring himself to get DS done too. It's so brutal and it is mutilation of the genitals! That video I tried to watch of it brought me to tears and still does thinking about it!! Why is it even legal I say!
    Just be careful, if you go down the "you organise it, then" path how will you cope if he actually does organise it and take care of it. Will you be ok with that? Because if you do this and leave it in his hands and then he actually goes through with it, it might just breed resentment from you which is unfair if you effectively gave him permission.

Id be inclined to try the other suggestions to bring him round before the child is born. Or if you feel that strongly about it then explain why and flat out refuse.

If you honestly feel that strongly about it and will not allow it then you need to be upfront.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WineTime For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (17-09-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would just say no. The End.

No "You can organise it", "You can care for it post procedure" or whatnot. Just plain old NO. Not happening.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

amazonbaby  (30-09-2012),Gandalf  (18-09-2012),headoverfeet  (17-09-2012),Lillynix  (18-09-2012),WineTime  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Circumcision ... :(

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post

No "You can organise it", "You can care for it post procedure" or whatnot. Just plain old NO. Not happening.
    Me too. Not negotiable. It's totally unnecessary unless it's for medical reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews

Do you have a gp you both use and trust? If so go in there and have a discussion with your dr and your husband. They can answer any question about cleanliness utility etc without bringing emotion into it. I left it up to my hubby but as he isn't circumcised neither are our children. I'm quite happy about that!

Such a tough place goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The 'cleanliness' line really irritates me. Like someone else said if they were really that hard to clean there would be lots of little boys running around with infected willys all the time.

I would just not dicuss it until bubs is born and hope that once he's here hubby doesnt have the heart to do it either,

also lots of things can go wrong with the actual proceedure its self and if its elective, i really dont think its worth the risk.

I have twin boys and 1 is done and 1 isn't. One had to be for medical reasons. It was awful to go through and very painful. They asked me if I wanted both boys done so they were the same, I said no way. I would never put my son through that if I didnt have too.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post

Same, I would just flat out refuse and say no way buddy. When I was a grad nurse I did a placement at a treatment clinic, and held down the babies one afternoon while they were circumcised. Let me tell you what, the local anaesthetic needle goes DEEP into the penis and they cut ALOT of skin off, I was nearly physically sick quite a few times. And even though the local numbs the penis, they still scream the entire time....

Thanks
    Reviews

DH is not circumcised and when we talked about circumcision when DS was born DH said pretty much the same as yours did. He said he doesn't want DS to be circumcised because he doesn't want DS to think he looks different to his father.
    I dont want him circumcised so it doesn't bother me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think showing your DH a video and laying out all of the reason why not to get it done, show him you have good reasons. My DH is, he got it done when he was a kid due to problems but he doesn't want our kid if it's a boy to have it done, we both believe in only getting it done later if medically necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your responses and advice. I think I really do need to talk to him about it now rather than leave it til our DS is born, particularly since it is on my mind everyday. I don't want the procedure done and that is my view on it and I am not willing to compromise as it's totally unnecessary and out dated as discussed. I am pretty sure he will come around and I know he will not push the point if I am so adamant about not having it done, I hope so anyway!

Anyway, I will discuss with him soon and let you know the outcome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keep us updated! Good on you for sticking to your guns