+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Swim suit for toddler with built in floats

Hi guys

A couple of years ago i saw a few children wearing swim suits with floats built into them (around the neck and waist) i would love one for ds 18months. They seem a great idea and i would stress a little less by the water. Problem is i can't find them anywhere! anyone know where i can buy one for him?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this same problem a few years ago. I eventually found some at toys r us. Be careful though cause I found that they rode up on my DD and she was more unsettled with it on than without. She wore it once or twice but eventually I just gave up on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speedo make a suit that has the floaties around the waist, not sure if it's on the neck as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought one from cuddlefish. Was a mission to get DD into it due to the safety standards they are manufactured to. She wasn't keen on it at 18 months but at 2 years she loved the independence it gave her jumping on the pool ledge. (with us loitering nearby but not having to touch her as often). She never liked those pool ring floaties.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We got one a few years ago from Target. It was ok in the water but DD3 found it a bit of a hassle if she was walking around out of the water.

We ended up having more success with a foam back float that strapped around her chest. She loved the freedom it gave her - she could move and paddle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ditto the others comments above. I have two "just worn once" suits you can have. They floated up causing "wedgies", were a pain out of the water and a nightmare at loo breaks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done some swim teaching whilst being a student and it is known (among swim teachers at least, wish it was more known among parents) that the safest type of floaty is actually the backpack floaty. This is because it is more natural for the child. the rings are dangerous, as are the lifejackets unless there is constant supervision. Not sure about these swim suits though. Never heard of them before....

Good luck finding a floatation device that both you and bub feel comfortable with