+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Mucus plug?

I am 36 weeks pregnant and just curious what is losing the mucus plug like? What it looks like?
    I never had 'the show' with DS. And how long after that did you go into labour? Thanks
    Last edited by tubster; 17-09-2012 at 02:38.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mucus plug?

I started losing mine around 36 weeks I think... Just in drips and drabs. I'm now 39 weeks.
    I lost some more tonight. But I'm not expecting anything to happen!

It looks like a blob of mucus. Lol. Or snot maybe. It can be greenish, or clear. With or without blood streaks through it. I think it just depends really

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mucus plug?

Just re read your post- what is it like to lose it (I read it as what does it look like! Lol).

For me, I wipe and ta-da! That's it really :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tubster View Post
    I am 36 weeks pregnant and just curious what is losing the mucus plug like? I never had 'the show' with DS. And how long after that did you go into labour? Thanks
    TMI- the following is disgusting but the only way to describe it is...

the mucus plug looks like a bloodied scallop. Yuck-o. I was in labour and used the toilet and was majorly freaked out to see this blob (that resembled a scallop or scrunched up bit of wet tissue streaked with blood) floating in the bottom. It was a glob, but looked solid, not all gooey like I expected. Sorry, gross, I know!
    Last edited by vulgardisplayofpower; 17-09-2012 at 01:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffbum View Post
    Just re read your post- what is it like to lose it (I read it as what does it look like! Lol).

For me, I wipe and ta-da! That's it really :P
    omg- me too. How embarrassing. Oh well!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mucus plug?

Thanks ladies! I wanted to know what it looks like too! Because I never lost it with DS and have no idea what it's like, what it looks like or when it will happen!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Mucus plug?

I think I lost mine in a few snotty looking globs a few days before I went into labour. Pretty yucky lol

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mucus plug?

Yeah mine can away in drib and drabs at first but then I went into labour and lost it and it was like a big glob of gloop that filled my undies tmi I remember getting to the hospital and saying I wet my pants and the middy asked me to take off my undies and I and there it was a big jelly mess sitting in there with a bit of blood I was like omg eeeeewwww and the middy said something like oh lovely all normal , that's a good sign.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Mucus plug?

I lost mine the first time in the bath, trying to settle contractions, I didn't know it fell out until I saw it float by me.

With my second fell out while I was in full swings of labour. 5mins before the Ambos came to pick me up. That felt like having a period. I just suddenly felt wet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im 35 weeks and mine just plonked out into the toilet.. I looked down and it was just floating there.. :/ Still no labor for me and that was 3 days ago.