+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Coming Off The Pill

Hi all. First post here. Not officially TTC just yet. But lately my fiancé and I have been extremely clucky so I'm just educating myself while we wait until the right time to start.

So I was just wondering, when you came off the pill, how long before you started having regular periods again. Did you wait until you had at least one normal cycle before you started TTC?

Thanks
    Reviews

We started straight away! However I was so naive on when, how and what! So definitely a good site to be on!!! Been off since June and think I O'd first month off!
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Welcome! We started trying as soon as I stopped taking the pill. My first cycle was a little long, second cycle was 29 days, third cycle I got my BFP on CD29. I don't think I actually ovulated until my second cycle.

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

My cycles are exactly the same on and off the pill.

We got our BFP the first full cycle off the pill.

Thanks
    Reviews

I came off the pill may 17th. Had a withdrawal bleed from 18th-22nd. Then got my first period June 24th my cycle was 37 days long. I o'd that cycle. Next cycle was 37 days long too and I obviously o'd because I fell pregnant that cycle am now 11 weeks. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello,
    I stopped on my last pack with break through on 7th august. We started TTC on 29th August due to PHI waiting periods. I am still awaiting my first period since stopping currently day 41! hopefully it shows this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, Welcome!

I went off the pill January 2010, had a WD bleed (stopped half way through active ones) a week later, 2 AFs and a BFP on Anzac day, i was about 4-5wks Was due Xmas day 2010.

My cycles went straight back to normal after the WD bleed, length wise, however i dont know if i ovulated as i never kept track of it. I was very niave, and we just DTD, i felt off for a few days so i done a HPT and voila!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went off the pill about 3 months before TTC the first time, wanted it all out of my system before trying. With the second time, I went off the pill about 6 months before, but that was because we intended on trying 3 months later but I got sick, so it was put off for a little bit.

Got pregnant first month trying both pregnancies, so it was definitely out of my system by then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We started TTC straight away.

First cycle was 34 days, cycles have been spot on 29 days since.

Up to 4th cycle now - am charting temps now as I think I have been O'ing later in my cycle than suspected (ie rule of thumb would suggest day 15-16, however I reckon it's a few days later)...hopefully charting temps will confirm this or help pick up any anomalies.

Envious of those who got bfps on their first cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies! It sounds like you all had a relatively easy time conceiving!

I was 19 when I went on the pill. My original reason was to regulate my periods. I was quite thin back then at 49kg. My BMI was considered 'underweight' (only just). I'm guessing that is why they were irregular.
    I will be 23 when I come off the pill. I now weigh 56kg and I am considered to be in the ideal BMI for pregnancy. So I'm hoping when I come off the pill I will be regular!
    Last edited by Pumpkaboo; 17-09-2012 at 14:07.