+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Snacks for while in labour

I took some muesli bars In with dd2 and between contractions happily ate them but when I got a contraction I had to had it over to dp. As soon as each contraction was finished I needed it back saying 'where's my muesli bar' as if I was going to die if I didn't have it. My middy and dp had a bit of a laugh!! Lol

Thanks
    Reviews

I was all organised with Le Snack packets, muesli bars, barley sugar & Gatorade for myself and DH. Unfortunately food was the absolute last thing on my mind and wouldn't have been able to force myself to eat. I did suck on ice cubes though.

After DD was out, I was super hungry so made up for it then!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Snacks for while in labour

I ate 2 pieces of vegemite toast at 11am because my mum visitors for 10 minutes & suggested i should eat just in case i went into 'real' labour.

I was not hungry at all during labour despite being at home for all but 6 hours of it.

Ds was born at 10.14 pm, the lovely midwife went and found me food after it lol

Sent from my MB526 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Never ate a thing during all three of my labours. They have only been 3-5 hours though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never took any food and never felt like eating for my 13 hour labour (that was contractions 1 - 2 mins apart). I only drunk water.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our snack bag contains museli bars, fruit bars, a packet of chips, little cartons of apple juice and chuppa chups. I'm well aware that I probably won't want to eat... but at least my partner will have some snacks, and there'll be something there if I DO feel like it.

Thanks
    Reviews

They won't let me eat anything for at least 8 hours before my induction. And nothing during labor either just in case they need to perform c/s.
    My labour was 12 hours so by the end of it I was starving!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I munched on barley sugar lollies throughout my last labour and just ate the hospital food I was served whilst there... I was induced and at first refused any food but had a very fierce Nigerean 'old school' type midwife who demanded that I eat and I'm glad that I eventually complied... it ended up being a 40 hour adventure and I needed fuel! I had cornflakes for my breakfast on the day, toast with jam and a nice salad sandwhich for lunch- I refused dinner, I was in great pain by then.
    I had planned on taking some apples and stuff in with me but forgot.
    I also drank Gatorade.
    Last edited by vulgardisplayofpower; 17-09-2012 at 00:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gatorade! So glad that I packed 2 of these as I was throwing up for the first 4 hours of labour at home and didn't stop until they gave me a shot when I got to the birth centre. Then watered-down icy gatorade was the best ever! I'm sure most places would have them but a bendy straw that the middy brought me was ace so DP could hold the glass to me when I was too tuckered out between contractions.

I also took some plain, cold pasta spirals when I had a few of but I couldn't really stomach anything. The second she was out though I was STARVING. We took peanut butter sandwiches and bananas which was great for giving me back some energy.