+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Snacks for while in labour

I packed powerade and the midwives thought it was great that I did as it hydrates you faster than water. I sipped on it right through pushing.

I had snack food packed but found that I didn't want to eat during labour (well once I felt it anyway), but the moment dd came out I was starving. The snacks got demolished in between meals for the few days after delivery.. Breast feeding makes you so hungry!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Snacks for while in labour

I packed fruit, barley sugars, jelly beans, juice, water. I tried to suck on a barley sugar while I was in labour and ended up having to spit it out into a vomit bag! Yuck! I couldn't stand to eat anything.

But as soon as my daughter was out I ate about 3 plums in 5 mins! After not eating for over 28 hours while in labour they were the best plums I'd ever eaten! Lol!

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm being induced tomorrow (eek!) and my obstetrician told me to take lots of jelly babies. I've also packed muesli bars.

Thanks
    Reviews

I packed so much food and didn't touch any of it. I was too busy in labour....

ETA I was induced and it was quite intense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRose1 View Post
    They are not giving me a c/s without a bloody good reason.

I'm allergic to coconut so Muslim bars are out, I live barley sugars and totally spaced on them.

Is it true powerade or Gatorade is Better then water?
    Muslim bars?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I was induced and ended up having an emergency c/s. Picked at sandwiches & had lollies through the day. I ended up vomitting on the surgery floor just before cutting me open! Was not a nice experience at all, keep your fluids up (powerade is good) and lollies but don't eat too much. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews

I arrived at hospital 15 hours into labour and they provided a meal for DH and I and told me to eat what I could, as I would need energy later. To be honest, I didn't feel like eating much at all but nibbled on sandwiches and soup. I had also packed a bag of snacks for us during labour - Salada biscuits, jelly lollies, muesli bars - but they went largely untouched during labour. I did go through about 1.5L of Gatorade though (watered down to half strength as I find it too strong). The labour bag of snacks got demolished in the days after the birth though!

Thanks
    Reviews

I didn't eat during labour but I was so starving for hours afterwards so some midnight snacks for your stay in hospital would be a good idea. I was hassling the nurses for snacks in the middle of the night haha. They were great and bought me cheese and crackers.

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews

I could not eat in labour but loved sipping water, after inwas ravenous and the middies made me toast and cuppa best thing ever.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Last thing I felt like wad eating. Muesli bars where good after the labour though and midwife made me toast. I drank Gatorade during the labour. 5 bottles in 12 hours.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub