+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Elliptical machines

We're thinking of getting an elliptical and/or treadmill machine, can anyone recommend me a good one or a good brand?

Don't want to spend too much money (under $1000 each) because I worry it will only get used a for few months until the novelty wears off!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    I would suggest hiring one.
    Very often with exercise machines you really get what you paid for. Also, once you've tried a commercial quality all domestic quality ones feel rubbish.
    If you really want to buy one then maybe test a few out at a shop like workout world? Even if you don't buy you might get a feel for what you want.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hired one for that very reason. I'm glad I did, it's going back a month early this week. I just didn't use it and I didn't like it staring me down, making me feel guilty in my own lounge room!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I bought an elliptical trainer from big w for $300 but yeah, novelty wore off and i chucked it out when i moved.
    When i was feeling all motivated again i bought a treadmill of ebay for about $500. It had free delivery and warranty. I haven't had any issues with it and it's still going strong... well, when i can muster up the motivation to use it.
    The company was called Lifespan.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Elliptical machines

Hire one first. If you use it heaps then buy a good quality one. We bought a cheap one, but have used it so much that it has broken numerous times due to use. Cheap ones are only designed for minor use. Thankfully DH is handy and has a welder, so has managed to fix it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    ^^^ What they all said. We have a commercial grade one and it just doesn't get used. Dunno why, just doesn't, used to love using one at the Gym,but at home, just sits and gathers dust.

And look on ebay, as you can see people buy them then don't use them, then sell them on ebay for a lot less than they cost!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Elliptical machines

I hired a treadmill about 2 years ago only used for around 6 months

Back in June I bought an elliptical from orbit $600 I hate it wish I never bought it, its in the back room. I have been making myself use it though, but once this last 6kg is gone I'm selling it

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hired one too! From Ezygym online. It was commercial grade and hubby used it too. I returned it when pregnant. Now that my new DD is here, I am going to hire one again soon x