+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    YES! That's what irritates me! They never buy fruit/veg because there are never coupons for it! So they buy stuff for snacks, but it's all cookies and chips and cr@p!

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have only watched it a couple of times but I do remember one where the husband was helping his wife load 400 cans of tinned peaches into their trolley and he's saying, ....." but we don't even like peaches".

Do they use all this stuff or does it eventually go to waste??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Extreme Couponing

It is crazy how much some of them buy. A lot of the people started couponing due to being unemployed and not having money for good. The coupling came from necessity now I think they need to have a lot of food in the cupboard just in case. You can see the reasons why in some cases. Some people do make up care packages for 'the troops overseas'. A lot of it must go to waste though,50 boxes of cereal etc.

I remember doing a big shop a few weeks ago and buying washing powder and other stuff including toilet psperbecause it was on special. I came homeland discovered I already had eight kilos plus lots of other stuff. My laundry cupboard does look like something out if extreme couponing. I am so ashamed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Re: Extreme Couponing

I love this show and wish we had similar over here. I like to make sure we have more than enough of things.

I think if we had couponing here, charities would be more able to help those who need it as often those charities are unable to help those who really need it because they don't have the donations required.

Sent from my HTC One XL using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I wish we had here too.

I love the epsiode where the church ladies where doing it feed the hungry in there area and the ladies doing for it troops overseas.

I would so do it, I would love to help out my extended family, I already buy most things in bulk anyhow. I must admit my my sister is a 'better bulk shopper than me but i think that has something to do with living on a private hill that for a few months a year see can't drive up the road up the hill. So anything see can buy in bulk during the dry season so she doesn't have to push it up in a wheelbarrow in horrid mud she does.

Oh and ds1 reckons the are really doomsday preppers

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I LOVE this show!

Most of them just have a 'stockpile' enough for a year & then donate any extras to charity

One family did a whole coupon shop for charity!

BarefootedMumma is offline Aiming to be in the top 10 busiest users one week.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I like the ones that donate the extras. I think there was one guy that stock piled until he had enough to make up all the stuff charities ask for in boxes.. he went and got a pallet of cereal to do this. Some of them yes are hoarders.. the ones who have it unorganised in every room in their house. And I am sure some of them are doomsday preppers.. they just have too much of everything not to be.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've only seen one where they donate to charity.

I don't find it weird necessarily, I do find it weird though, when they're buying stuff they don't eat that's just sitting in their basement for eternity! I guess they'll eat peaches if the world ends and they're the only ones left!