+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just thought of one that might make me the queen of bogans - You will very rarely see me in any other shoes but thongs. I wore thongs to my wedding under my wedding dress ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to loumia For This Useful Post:

FertileMertile  (18-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    A bit like all dressed up and looking posh then they open their mouth to reveal a strong east London accent or a strong Northern accent. (I lived in Yorkshire for 7 years.)
    Ooh... Northerners... they're the worst

(I'm a Hampshire softy )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loumia View Post
    Ok, reasons why i'm a boganI wear ed hardy & dress my kids in it as wellDH & i have lots of tatts including each other's namesDH pees off the balcony onto the grass (we live rural)We both drink beer out of a stubby holder We have bonfires We have an outside toiletDH races motor x & i tag along on comp days to buy fox brand gearI just said gearI love animal print, ugg boots & flanniesThere are downlights in our houseOur camper/fold out chairs have cooler holders in themI'm sure there are plenty more
    I giggled when I read the peeing off the balcony thing. My DH does that when we goto his dads farm

Thanks
    Reviews
    I own seeral pais of ugg boots, sometimes to the local as well.Dh pees ourside, a lot. I feel like I'm forever telling my dog to shur up fron the back door. We eat dinner in the lounge room because we dont even own a dining table, our house has no room for one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hahah the downlights and coffee table thing is an old BH joke. Never fear! Just because you have these things doesn't mean you're a bogan... much...

As for me, I have a few bogan characteristics. I drink (well not now coz I'm preggas) Southern comfort, and call it "Soco". I say "preggas". I also often use the words "y'all" and "gunna".

We eat on the lounge room floor in front of the tv at least once a week, for pizza and fish and chip nights. Mikayla is too annoying and dances in the food, so her Ikea high chair gets dragged in there.

Our local fish and chip shop knows our order off by heart and doesn't ask for our names anymore when we ring coz they know who it is. Oh and I say coz.

I have 3 ear rings in each ear, a completely meaningless tattoo on my hip, and I had Japanese writing tattood on my chest which I've had removed as it was done with an ex. I live in Jeans and tshirts and 5 year old DC sneakers or havianas. Just call me Mrs Bogan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drink cask wine (ALL THE TIME,no fancy bottles here) out of plastic wine glass.My DH wont allow me to buy glass ones as I always smash them
    I also smoke Winnie Red rollies.
    I LOVE the word C unt and use it daily,I think I kinda shock people with that sometimes..ooops

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just went to the shops wearing Crocs. Not only Crocs, but paint splattered, broken Crocs, the ones i wear to take the bins up or quickly hang out the washing. Oh the shame. Also, my belt broke this morning, so my shorts are being held up by one of DP's.

*Chels*, i use that word often too...isn't it filthy!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LlamaMa For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (05-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A while ago, I had Macca's for breakfast. As I sat in the foodcourt eating it, 10.30am rolled around and they started cooking the normal menu, so I figured I'd have an early lunch and I bought a burger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by littleriv View Post
    A while ago, I had Macca's for breakfast. As I sat in the foodcourt eating it, 10.30am rolled around and they started cooking the normal menu, so I figured I'd have an early lunch and I bought a burger.
    Lol this made me laugh! Well I swear way too much, I only wear 1 pair of shoes and they are thongs, Ive also been busted yelling out to my staffy oh and the biggest one......... I wear leggings as bottoms This started while I was pregnant but I would wear a nice dress or loose knit over them....Fast forward a year on I wear them with everything!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

littleriv  (04-10-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    Sounds like a bogan is what would be known as "a bit common" or "aspirational middle class" in England.
    I always thought bogans and chavs were similar ... bogans from 'the country' and chavs from 'town'!