+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Sewing

Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    I love that dress, I have it pinned on pinterest! I'm not game to try it yet, I'm only starting out and I'm still at the skill level of join-the-dots They make it look so easy!
    ETA would love to see the finished dress

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**
    Try The Purl Bee dotcom. There's lots of easy stuff in the sewing section for those just starting out..blankets and sundresses and bloomers etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothel View Post
    That's true, the patterns can be really confusing. I had the help of a dressmaker to learn how to follow them and I'm finally getting the hang of it.
    Hey that would be cool, our own sew along! I'll have a look at it in the morning, I might take you up on that (Dh will be oh so thrilled if I head off to spotlight again lol

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**
    haha whooley dooley i spent $120 at spotlight yesterday that was just for a few tools and enough material to make 3 dresses i can't believe it i thought making them would be cheaper lol.

Are you gunna do it?? i thought the pattern was super easy but i'm a bit stuck and mum won't help because she doesn't want to come here while the kids are sick grr

Thanks
    Reviews
    That pattern you linked looks super dooper cute .... and super dooper easy. Might have to give it a crack and make one for a friends DD

I soooo need a girl... girl patterns are so much cuter than Boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love to sew clothes for DD. That dress you like looks very cute, but might not be the easiest choice for a beginner.

What bit are you stuck on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The dress looks adorable, looking forward to seeing the finished products. I really enjoy sewing but am pretty average. Also my problem is that i am always trying to take shortcuts or attempting sewing clothes which are way too advanced for my level hence have many half finished projects. I have a whole stash of fabrics too. Now that i have dd and ds would really love to make things for them when they are a bit older and i have some free time. Sewing takes me aaages!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I literally cannot sew a button. My interest in sewing is growing though, I would love to be able to makeMy DD pretty little sundresses. Is sewing something that can be self taught?