+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cows milk - curiosity question!

My dd is almost 1 and not yet tried cows milk I plan on using some in breaky this weekMy question is when shes on full cows milk (not formula) will it make her fuller than formula would have?Or is it the same?(assuming she even likes cows milk that is!)Just curious to know...will she wake more often hungrier or less! She has 3 meals a day and 1 small snack at the moment and 3x140 ml bottles and still wakes at night once for 150 mls

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Re: Cows milk - curiosity question!

I had the same fears because DS was an awful sleeper and I was so scared of making him worse. But he is only on cows milk now (just put him straight onto it because he didnt notice the change) and he sleeps through 6:30pm-8am. And if He does wake up its only ever for one bottle. He has 3 meals, 2 snacks, a full bottle midday for his nap and a full one for bedtime. So in our case it helped his sleep

But every child is different so its hard to say...you could try adding a morning tea like yoghurt or cheese because it adds to their dairy intake for the day Oh and DS turns 1 tomorrow so around the same age!

Oh and I just wanted to say if you are worried you could keep him on formula for a little while longer but looks like youre doing a good job weaning onto a bit of cows milk along with his other meals

I hope I helped
    Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 16-09-2012 at 14:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your reply!I find it difficult to add any more 'meals/snacks' as she seems full from The others! If avo tea is too big she won't eat dinner! And she's still having 2 naps A day which don't look like they will become 1 for some time!Did you just swap to cows milk without slowly introducing it?Was thinking of adding to to breaky orGivIbg cows milk straight first bottle of the day when she's hungriest and see how she goes! I'm hoping she likes it firstly but that it ''may" keep her fuller over night! Or wishful thinking! Hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I have read and been told on BH, cows milk has a lower nutritional value than formula so that would make me think it is less filling, but after 1 year they should make up for that with solid food.

DS is just about to turn 1 and has had cows milk on his weetbix from 6 months but I'm not switching to cows milk as a drink. I am staying on 2 formula bottles plus breast milk as I want to make sure he is getting all the nutrition he needs before changing. Like you I can't fit in any more food into his day. I plan to introduce a very small amount in a smoothie for morning tea over the next month and review again in maybe 3 or 4 months time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cows milk - curiosity question!

Ds seems hungry after a bottle of cows milk where as with formula it seemed to fill him so I really not think the cows milk gives the same full feeling as formula

Thanks
    Reviews
    my girl is 11 months and only has one bottle of cow's milk before bed (about 200ml). 3 meals a day, mid and avo snacks like yoghurt etc.
    she loves cow's milk and has been having it on cereal for months.
    don't forget that formula is based on cow's milk anyway....

just remember that by 1yo they only require 500mg of calcium (which is 2 standard cups) including cheese and other dairy.
    she actually sleeps better now after switching.