+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I declined induction and had bub at 42 weeks. My cervix was not favourable, was totally closed and bub was still high at 40+ 8 (my last internal). If you dont want to be induced say no and stand your ground. I still ended up having the drip due to merc stained waters and no contractions but i avoided pretty much everything that comes with an induction. Had a vaginal delivery with forceps (big head and not bub not quite coming out the right way). Im glad i said no!

Good luck! Hope it all goes well for you.

BTW, you can read my induction thread - its title was forced induction at 40+9. There was a lot of good advice from other hubbers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Induction.. Almost 40 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Taiyed View Post
    I declined induction and had bub at 42 weeks. My cervix was not favourable, was totally closed and bub was still high at 40+ 8 (my last internal). If you dont want to be induced say no and stand your ground. I still ended up having the drip due to merc stained waters and no contractions but i avoided pretty much everything that comes with an induction. Had a vaginal delivery with forceps (big head and not bub not quite coming out the right way). Im glad i said no!

Good luck! Hope it all goes well for you.

BTW, you can read my induction thread - its title was forced induction at 40+9. There was a lot of good advice from other hubbers.
    Yes I remember following your thread just a few weeks ago I'm hoping and praying thus baby doesn't wait too long seeing as my cervix is doing all it should be at this point but still, just starting to worry a bit :/

Opinionated is offline Winner 2009 - Best Avatar
    You know you love me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was induced by ARM at 42 weeks. I declined syntocin. I then discharged out of hospital 8 hours after ARM because the doctor was frustrated at me for refusing syntocin. All monitoring of both the baby and myself was perfect with no areas of concern. My birth partner was also a midwife (I know, I am very lucky) so even though I went against medical advice and signed the form to that effect, I did not feel that I or my baby was at risk.I told him I was happy to wait for labour to begin and would not be risking a cascade of intervention because of failure to wait. I also figured that if my waters had broken at home, they would have told me to stay there and only come to hospital once I was in established labour. I remember with my first birth, they told me to take a panadol and have a sleep. Anyway I told the doctor that I would consent to IV antibiotics at 18hrs post ARM. Labour began as I was preparing to return to hospital and we had to get a move on, my baby was born 45 minutes after I got there, 2 hours after the first labour pain. Nothing worked in getting my baby to get out of there, but I have heard many people are successful with accupuncture.