+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default ....and that's why babies are not invited to parties!!

U poor thing! It just sounds like an honest mistake, the host offered and you tough baby would behave... It didn't go to plan and it was best that you left and the host should be appreciative that you 1. Made the effort to show up 2. made the effort with a kid! 3. That you left when it got out of hands 4. That you texted and apologized!
    And shame on all those who made you feel bad with their comments! 100% they wouldn't say anything if your husband was with you! I know mine would just tell them to get stuffed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Just a question for the people who are saying they take their children everywhere. Would you insist on taking your offspring to a cocktail party? Of a formal dinner party? Do you really believe that your children have the right to go to everything you go to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: ....and that's why babies are not invited to parties!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    Just a question for the people who are saying they take their children everywhere. Would you insist on taking your offspring to a cocktail party? Of a formal dinner party? Do you really believe that your children have the right to go to everything you go to?
    I myself don't go to formal dinner parties or cocktail parties - they don't interest me and our circle of friends don't either.

I take my kids with me wherever I go because it is rare that their grandparents will take them for a night. They are going to my mums house on Saturday night so that we can have a few drinks for DH's birthday but that will be the first time since March that they have been babysat for us.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Beetle View Post
    I have taken him to both types and he was great.

It really depends on who the event is for and if I want a night by myself or if the host really wants him to come.

If my friends acted the way the op's did or things got out of hand I wouldn't keep taking him.

I don't believe he has the right to go to everything and have no problem having him babysat but I will take him to the ones he can come to.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried to make my wedding child free but my mum was horrified so I gave in. There were always kids crying in the back ground and sliding on the dance floor.

Now I am pregnant and there's no way I'd take kids to a function. It's way too much noise for them and a totally new environment and I think it sends their senses into overdrive, it's no wonder that they go crazy.

The fact that your friend told you to to bring her and is now upset isn't fair.. the fact that you removed her from the situation is very noble of you and he should be grateful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Embee im the complete opposite... I WANT kids at my wedding! To me weddings are family events and I couldnt imagine not having children there

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post:

Cat21  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

I had kids at my wedding, it was great!

They all had a huge table together, the table had paper and pencils. We served a huge bowl of chips and nuggets and a tray of lasagna for them.

We had a little kids room off the main function room, with a tv for the kids if they got bored, also took up a few toys.

It was great! The kids were angels because we had child friendly food and entertainment sorted so they didn't get bored and run wild.

The parents also got to relax because the kids amused each other.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Super Trooper  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Yes see me too I love kids at functions but ALL kids not mine being the only one haha!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Super Trooper  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    U poor thing! It just sounds like an honest mistake, the host offered and you tough baby would behave... It didn't go to plan and it was best that you left and the host should be appreciative that you 1. Made the effort to show up 2. made the effort with a kid! 3. That you left when it got out of hands 4. That you texted and apologized!
    And shame on all those who made you feel bad with their comments! 100% they wouldn't say anything if your husband was with you! I know mine would just tell them to get stuffed!
    Haha DH said exactly that!!! They never do ... no one ever says anything when he's around

Thanks
    Reviews

We went to a house warming a few weeks ago and left after an hour, my 3 year was running from the back yard to the front yard n up n down the stairs.. It was ok for the first hour because there was only really family there but as more people turned up I didn't want to have to keep running around people making sure he was still safe. The family know what his like so was understanding on us leaving. But next time there is that kind of event, I will be getting my sister to babysit. The 1 year old was also in a cranky *** mood due to teething n wouldn't go to anyone else except me.. But otherwise he is fine to go to things like that.. I worry that we are expecting again and only 2 parents with 3 kids lol it's going to be a disaster going anywhere lol