+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DS1 could ride a bike about 4.5 think we pushed him around on it too much and he got lazy

DS2 was just under 3 when he first started to ride a bike.

Both still have training wheels and dont plan on taking them off just yet.

All kids are different so I dont necessarily thing there is a 'normal' age

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Can or could your 6 year old ride a bike?

DD has been riding without training wheels since she was 5, she is about to turn 6. She had to have them off when she saw her friend riding without them at the park, and was determined not to need them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Can or could your 6 year old ride a bike?

Quote Originally Posted by tangles View Post
    DD has been riding without training wheels since she was 5, she is about to turn 6. She had to have them off when she saw her friend riding without them at the park, and was determined not to need them.
    This was our ds he has not had any interest in his bike since we took his training wheels off at 4.5 at his request and when he couldn't get it straight away he gave up and went everywhere on his scooter! now at 5 when he realised his friends where riding their bikes without them he is back on it practicing and has nearly got it

Sent from my GT-I9300T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 was doing really well when she was about 7yrs without training wheels. Could ride with training wheel by 5yrs and had those little ride on thingys that you push with your feet from early on. She was doing pretty well riding without the training wheels then she had a huge stack by smacking head first into a tree and wouldn't get back on it for years. She didn't ride a bike again until she went on a camp in Year 6.

DD2 was 8yrs when she took the training wheels off. But she's not very co-ordinated and I wouldn't want to be walking in front of her when she is riding her bike. LOL

DD3 was 6.5yrs and riding without training wheels. But she would take off and god help anyone in her path. Scary! About a year later she was a safer rider and learn't to use the brakes and steer better. LOL

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    No. I have a 7 year old and she can't ride without training wheels yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son is almost five and will be riding with trainers for a long long time yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD could ride without training wheels at 6.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD was 5 when she started riding without training wheels. DS had his training wheels taken off on his 4th birthday. DD2 has just turned 4 and is still riding with training wheels.

They all started riding their bikes with training wheels between 2 and 3.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both my chilren had/rode a bike with training wheels from about age 2.5. My DS could ride without trainers at 3, he has always been very co-ordinated. My DD came off her trainers at about 4.5...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a big walker so ds1 was riding his bike with trainer wheels from just over 2yrs old. He has gone up a bike size and he is nearly ready to ditch the trainer wheels, he balances and rides on the 2 wheels without the trainer wheels touching the ground most of the time now so we will remove the trainer wheels soon. He is 4.5yrs.