+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Worry about friends parenting skills!

Quote Originally Posted by ciaomamma View Post
    I know someone who takes her kids on holidays - no fuss - to Thailand all the time... I was impressed till I asked what she feeds her 7 months old when there... street food!! I was shocked and horrified!!
    God I was terrified to eat the street food in Bali myself let alone feed it to a baby! It would have only just been getting used to solids in general!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Quote Originally Posted by BoxerDogLover View Post
    God I was terrified to eat the street food in Bali myself let alone feed it to a baby! It would have only just been getting used to solids in general!
    Apparently the kids eat whatever... No worry if it's age appropriate, oh well it's their 3rd kid so far they're all surviving... But def not a germaphobe!

Thanks
    Reviews

To me it sounds like maybe she just doesn't understand the risks. Are her babies loved, clean and well fed? If so I would be trying to talk to her first rather than reporting it straight up. If she doesnt change her behaviour pronto, then I would report it.

Maybe suggest a jogging pram to her. Being a single mum 3 weeks a month, I understand how hard it can be to look after yourself. We got a jogging pram,sits two, put on my sons bicycle helmet and away we go..

Hope you can work something out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lewbaby For This Useful Post:

Rutabaga  (17-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    She is probably not coping and I think you should speak to her honestly first.

I have a friend in a similar situation... It's almost like she's bitter that she's "stuck" with a child. She doesn't take him anywhere and he has no interaction with other children. He can't speak a single word (he's 2.5) and is basically antisocial.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There's laidback and then there's neglect. This isn't relaxed parenting, its neglect.

I saw the title and admit I immediately thought, ' oh poor friend, noone's perfect, give her a break.'

Then I read the OP. I'd talk to her and then report if there's no change. If you report you'll likely lose the friendship so you may as well be upfront and talk to her frankly. I'd tell I love her and she's such an important friend to me but...