+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Throw some ideas at me

I don't have first hand experience but my niece was waking constantly while TT.
    Apparently they can get a bit anxious every time they feel the urge to wee.
    Is he in night nappies or undies?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Throw some ideas at me

Quote Originally Posted by jez View Post
    Sorry to barge in OP but could you tell me more about what symptoms kids have with worms. I'm beginning to wonder if this is my DDs problem as she keeps scratching her behind.
    No worries, I wouldn't mind knowing as well.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Re: Throw some ideas at me

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    I don't have first hand experience but my niece was waking constantly while TT.
    Apparently they can get a bit anxious every time they feel the urge to wee.
    Is he in night nappies or undies?
    Night nappies. I just thought of this when I wrote it in my OP. I'd never heard of it before...

Thanks
    Reviews

We recently started having the same issue for no reason with our DD (2.5 years old). Most have been telling me that it's common at this age due to an increased imagination and some separation anxiety. Our house was completely turned upside down when it started as we weren't getting any sleep at all, slowly we are working through each day and it's slowly getting better. We looked at all the possibilities ie teething, toilet training, nightmares but nothing seemed certain. All I can say is try a few different things and see what works best and you may find the answer to the night waking over the next few days or so

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Night nappies. I just thought of this when I wrote it in my OP. I'd never heard of it before...

I hadn't thought of it either till my sister was telling me about it.

She found that comforting was pretty much the only thing that settled her back to sleep.

She tried getting her up to go to the toilet but she was too sleepy to understand.

Eventually she stopped all drinks after 5pm except a very small drink with dinner, and she was more settled.

Then came the night training lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Scratching your behind is a big symptom of worms. For my kids, it is a restless sleep (got really bad for my 2 year old...he couldn't go to sleep and would be up until 12 or 1 just unable to sleep) and they can either lost their appetite or get really hungry. Worms make my tummy feel unsettled (thanks for sharing kids). They can also get red around their anus...like a bit of a nappy rash but they don't have to. I'd worm him....if it's worms sleep will go back to normal straight away, if it isn't you can look at other options but I'd rule worms out first. I took my son to my doctor his sleep got so bad (he had them for weeks, worms didn't ever cross my mind) and told her to find his off switch. She suggested worming him and his sleep was normal again that night.