+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Good quality clothes and where you get them?

Subbing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Subscribing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

For those interested Amazon is great for Lego as Lego in the states is super cheap as well as heaps of other toys on Amazon but 95% of it can't be shipped to Aus so hopshopgo is good for that. I buy my daughter the saltwater brand sandals off amazon and they are sold for $65 a pair here but I buy 3 pairs delivered for $104 off amazon and they are sent from amazon so for the sandals I don't need the hopshopgo :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Subbing
    This may be dangerous for my poor abused credit card. :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Subbing,

Whenever I've bought from Gap and used hopshopgo I've always been a bit shocked at the postage costs. Perhaps I'm not buying enough stuff to make it worthwhile?

However the stuff I bought at Christmas, DS is still wearing and it looks like new still. The quality is really good.

I also got some bumgenius nappies from the US and used hopshopgo - cheaper than buying from Aus

Thanks
    Reviews

Sub also country!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I once got caught with HSG with a Gymboree order. I didn't realise that Gymbo shipped to Australia. I think I paid about $150 or something with HSG and could have had it shipped direct from Gymboree for $75. If a company ships direct I find it easier and usually cheaper. I will use HSG for RL though when I next need it.

Macy's, Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom are limited in what they can send to Australia. No Nautica, RL and other stuff. Nordstrom? have mini boden which is good if you want other stuff too.

Check out mini boden. Gorgeous boys stuff. I ahven't looked at the girl's

Amazon has a lot of good stuff, prams and accessories but I think they are tightening up on what they ship to Australia. I have a huge cart full of baby stuff (skip hop nappy bag etc etc) I jsut need to get pregnant and stay pregnant .

Myhabit (part of amazon so you use your amazon log in) is a daily shopping website like brands exclusive etc but shipping is only $15 to Australia and you can combine more than one sale I think. I love looking but haven't needed to buy anything. yet.....

I find with Gap and Gymboree it is usually cheaper to buy a whole lot rather than one or two items. With GAP you can buy from all 5 stores (Gap, Old navy, Banana republic, athleta and piper lime) in the one package/shopping cart.

I can't find the price estimate for shipping for GAP but I have found it quite reasonable. Not sure if it has changed?

Here is the link for the Gymbo shipping charges http://www.gymboree.com/our_company/...891#otherIntnl scroll down for international - Asia/PAcific

Disney store ship to Australia. order early for christmas. The website doesn't say how much shipping is but it does say it will say during the checkout process so I guess if it is too much you can jsut cancel the order.

Sizing can be tricky. There are size charts. Most people find the RL sizing small. DS who is 37%ile for height and weight (100cm? and just over 16kg) and is 4, comfortably wears a size 4 RL polo, the long sleeve chambray shirt is still a smidge too big.
    XS 'fits' in Disney store clothing, is a fraction too big but I wouldn't want it any smaller. Is perfect for this summer.
    Size 3 Gymboree t-shirts still fit ok, Old navy pants fit perfectly but not for much longer.
    Comparison to Australian sizes. DS can still wear his size 3 Pumpkin patch jeans but not for too much longer. Size 3 Esprit again are almost grown out of due to length but I hope he will be able to wear his shorts this summer. Size 4 is still too big.

DS can still wear his Gymboree 'gymmies' but in comparison the GAP size 3 were way too small. I have also found they don't wear as well either. DS size 4 GAP fitted pyjamas fit snuggly and are fine but I doubt they will fit next year.

I hope that helps! It really depends how your child is built too. DS has a bit of a belly but thin elsewhere.

I don't have a problem paying $150 or so for shipping because usually I have a heap of clothes that are much cheaper than I can get here. Plus because i live in the country if I go somewhere I need to pay petrol and I am not always guaranteed of getting what I want. This is particularly the case in Target etc. Plus when I do go to the city I usually have a billion jobs so not having to chase around for kids clothes is so much easier. I will still browse because I like shopping but there isn't that 'pressure' of I *must* find xyz

I am a bit wary of buying clothes for me o/s but I did buy an athleta dress and a gap dress and they are fine. I love reading the reviews, they really help with regards to sizing
    Last edited by Hullabalu; 16-09-2012 at 13:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh I jsut notice the children's place are now shipping to Australia.

I wonder if US retailers have figured out that Aussie's are buying it anyway so they may as well make money on the shipping?

Jsutice is available in Australia but I don't have a girl and it seems quite 'grown up'.

J. Crew has free shipping to aust at the moment too until Dec 30th. I have never seen them have a sale though....
    Last edited by Hullabalu; 16-09-2012 at 20:15.

Thanks
    Reviews

Sub, sub, subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love love love looooooooooove Gymboree, most my DS's clothes are from there! I do a big shop every 6 months or so and ask friends if they want anything so we can save on shipping.

The thing I love about their stuff is that the cotton is nice and thick and really lovely quality, it all washes really well and if this baby is a boy we're completely sorted for clothes because of the amazing quality of them all.

I also love buying from the states because they're going out of the season we're going into, so you save heaps by buying all on sale. They're trying to get rid of things and their prices are INSANELY good sometimes. Jeans for $4, hoodies for $10. If you time it right, you save heaps.

The only thing I avoid from them is PJs, in the states its kind of a "tradition" to have super skinny tight-fitting PJs, and we like the flannel ones. They're still good for the onesies and things for the little ones, but after age 2 I just grab Sprout or something here.

Once I find out whether this bub is a boy or a girl I'm going to put in a massive shop. Love Gymboree so much! If you have a "scrawny" kid they have slim sizes too, and "husky" (hah!) for our chunkier kids.

(For me, I've recently brought a bunch of maternity clothes (already, oh god! I'm 14 weeks pg!) at Next Direct from the UK and I've been impressed with them, but I have to make a few returns as they are MASSIVE. So keep in mind they ship a little big in the maternity stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast