+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Washable breast pads

Do you use washable or disposable breast pads? What works better and if I go with washable how many will I need to buy? Last time I breast fed I hardly leaked so only occasionally used a disposable pad. I'm not sure what to buy this time.

Thanks
    Reviews

If you didn't leak much last time, definitely washable.

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh gawd, I had the WORST time with washable BPs! I'd bought a couple of brands and they all leaked very quickly as they had terrible absorptive capacities - very embarrassing at times! I was disappointed though, because I was trying to do the environmentally friendly thing but ended up using the disposable kind.

By far the best ones I've used are Pidgeon brand - the kind with the two adhesive strips to hold them in place better. They've never let me down and I've had engorgement problems on and off from as soon as my milk came in (read: I'm prone to leaking so those BPs have copped a pounding at times!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

I used a combination of both. Disposable for early days when very full and leaked, for going out, overnight.
    When bubs was feeding less and bbs less full I started using washables when at home.
    This still saved heaps of money bc nursing pads are so expensive and need to be changed so often.
    I bought reusable ones from eBay I don't remember the brand but they were made from bamboo. They were good but bc they don't have adhesive backing you have to place them in the right position to avoid the pad moving out of place and hence leaking. I bought pack of 20 (for $30 if i remember correctly ) which is enough if you do laundry pretty much every day which I did anyway with 2 young kids. So overall I found reusable ones worth buying and should have bought them sooner!

Thanks
    Reviews

Organic bamboo from
    Natures child . Really nice against your skin

Thanks
    Reviews

I have a big supply and use pigeon overnight and cloth during the day. The cloth always moves while I sleep particularly as my DD inconsistently sleeps through and end up wet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Washable breast pads

I had some bamboo ones I brought on eBay. They were fantastic, even overnight.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Can I please crash this thread and ask how you wear breast pads overnight?? Don't you need to wear a bra? Sorry, first time mum. I'm due in a few days and started leaking at night just the past week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was BF I wore a maternity bra or singlet 24/7. My boobs got so big and full of milk. I had to wear the disposable breast pads all the time as well. The washable ones did not work at all.

Thanks
    Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by Sarelou View Post
    Can I please crash this thread and ask how you wear breast pads overnight?? Don't you need to wear a bra? Sorry, first time mum. I'm due in a few days and started leaking at night just the past week.
    I wear my nursing bra 24hrs a day and my bub is 4.5m old and wakes for one night feed. I wear it partly for support and partly so I CAN wear a BP to absorb any night leaks. With my firstborn, I think I stopped wearing a bra to bed when she'd dropped down to maybe two BFs a day & was mostly eating solids.