+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    To put another perspective on it, my mother FF both me and my sister for no reason other than she didn't want to BF.

I don't look down on her for that. I'm happy with her decision, and I was the baby fed the formula. I've grown strong and awesome on formula

I FF DD, due to low supply, and in the early days I absolutely beat myself up over it - especially as there is a lot of propaganda out there to say that low supply 'almost doesn't exist' - which made me feel that no one believed me. Even well meaning people insisted there was more I could have done. Well, I did everything I could do, and DD has grown up to be healthy, intelligent, and developmentally ahead. Next time I'll try to BF and, if it doesn't work, will try not to be so hard on myself about it.

I guess the way I look at it is that the people who are judging you, and feeling superior for their success in BF, must not have an awful lot else in life to be feeling successful about if that's what they're using as a thing to push others down and lift themselves up. I used to let it get to me, but now I feel sorry for them. They're the insecure ones at the end of the day.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bottle feeding

The sooner you brush these comments aside, the happier your life will be. Sadly, you will probably always receive negative remarks about your parenting, but it's best to not let it affect you if you can. Don't feel the need to justify your feeding methods - you need to be confident in your decisions...they are YOUR babies and YOU are the one feeding them. Either ignore these people or think of an awesome one line comeback

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2Ruairi View Post
    I know how u feel, my son is 5 months old and the hungriest baby I've ever seen! I couldn't keep up and was at high risk of postnatal depression, I didn't have any time between feeds to express so I had no break and was feeling awful as he still seemed hungry, and I had a great supply! Even when I started formula, he was taking 6 x 240ml bottles (thickened formula) plus 3 solid meals a day at four months!!!
    I felt terrible when I switched, part if me still feels sad sometimes that I don't have that closeness, but I did what was best for my baby AND for me.
    The difficult part is, I'm a midwife, so you can only imagine the looks I get when I tell ppl I'm not breastfeeding!!! THANKFULLY I was never a midwife to push ppl into breastfeeding if they didn't want to!
    Screw those that look down at us!!! They're just jealous that our babies are so awesome and we won't have saggy boobies!! :-)
    My breasts don't sag at all after three years of on/off breastfeeding It's a myth that breastfeeding causes it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bottle feeding

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    The sooner you brush these comments aside, the happier your life will be. Sadly, you will probably always receive negative remarks about your parenting, but it's best to not let it affect you if you can. Don't feel the need to justify your feeding methods - you need to be confident in your decisions...they are YOUR babies and YOU are the one feeding them. Either ignore these people or think of an awesome one line comeback

My breasts don't sag at all after three years of on/off breastfeeding It's a myth that breastfeeding causes it
    I don't mean to sound like a pervert, but i wholeheartedly agree- you have a great rack Witwicky!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (16-09-2012),Witwicky  (16-09-2012)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle feeding

Quote Originally Posted by CakeyLoaf View Post
    I don't mean to sound like a pervert, but i wholeheartedly agree- you have a great rack Witwicky!
    Bahahaha perve!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bottle feeding

It's so freaking hard isn't?!! Good on you for doing what is best for your family dynamic!

All I can say is when you get those judgemental looks/comments just reply with 'what's wrong with b00bies in a tin'.

Hugs!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle feeding

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Just a little joke! :-) xx