+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Bottle feeding

Ok so this post is just a vent. My children were all bottle fed, my first baby I tried to breast feed but it took over a month for my milk to come in and by that time she was to used to formula and wouldn't take it. My second baby was born early with a lot of digestive problems and needed a special ordered formula in the NICU so he to was on the bottle. I have just had my 3rd baby a month ago and was all set to breast feed and got no milk this time, I have no problem with formula feeding because the way I look at it as long as they are fed and healthy it's not a concern, my problem is all the damn people in my small town who feel they have the right to judge me as soon as they hear the word formula. I am sick of having to explain why I don't breast feed and how people make me feel like less of a mother because of it. Like I said this post is just a vent sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bottle feeding

Hugs - my DS is FF and I know how you feel. You don't have to justify yourself to anyone! You are feeding your baby, and in your case it was the only option anyway!

You have nothing to feel bad about it (easier said than done though I know)

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs. Please don't feel you should have to explain. You don't have to. I felt the same way in the beginning, I no longer explain to anyone. It does not make you any less of a mother, the very notion is ridiculous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's npo ones business what you feed your baby as long as it's breastmilk or infant formula it really shouldn't matter. It took me ages to get over not bf and not feel defensive but it goes away. There's more to being a good mother than bf.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle feeding

I know how u feel, my son is 5 months old and the hungriest baby I've ever seen! I couldn't keep up and was at high risk of postnatal depression, I didn't have any time between feeds to express so I had no break and was feeling awful as he still seemed hungry, and I had a great supply! Even when I started formula, he was taking 6 x 240ml bottles (thickened formula) plus 3 solid meals a day at four months!!!
    I felt terrible when I switched, part if me still feels sad sometimes that I don't have that closeness, but I did what was best for my baby AND for me.
    The difficult part is, I'm a midwife, so you can only imagine the looks I get when I tell ppl I'm not breastfeeding!!! THANKFULLY I was never a midwife to push ppl into breastfeeding if they didn't want to!
    Screw those that look down at us!!! They're just jealous that our babies are so awesome and we won't have saggy boobies!! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle feeding

I know how u feel, my son is 5 months old and the hungriest baby I've ever seen! I couldn't keep up and was at high risk of postnatal depression, I didn't have any time between feeds to express so I had no break and was feeling awful as he still seemed hungry, and I had a great supply! Even when I started formula, he was taking 6 x 240ml bottles (thickened formula) plus 3 solid meals a day at four months!!!
    I felt terrible when I switched, part if me still feels sad sometimes that I don't have that closeness, but I did what was best for my baby AND for me.
    The difficult part is, I'm a midwife, so you can only imagine the looks I get when I tell ppl I'm not breastfeeding!!! THANKFULLY I was never a midwife to push ppl into breastfeeding if they didn't want to!
    Screw those that look down at us!!! They're just jealous that our babies are so awesome and we won't have saggy boobies!! :-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle feeding

Quote Originally Posted by Mum2Ruairi View Post
    Lol I don't know about the saggy boobs part. I thought it was the hormones during pregnancy that caused sagging, not bf?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (15-09-2012),Witwicky  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't try to justify it to others. For family decisions that really have no impact on the person asking i just say "this is what works best for our family", or "i am really happy with my decision". The end.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle feeding

I know how you feel! I FF both mine. As much as you try not to care, on bad days the judgement still stings.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle feeding

Yes!!! I think that is it you can not care nearly everyday of the week then the moment you have a bad day the judgement gets to you