+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bottle addict..

DD2 is a bottle addict lol, she's 15 months and will not take her milk in a sippy cup. She just screams until she gets a bottle! Dd1 was so easy I had no trouble at all but getting rid of dd2s bottles is harder then it was getting rid of her dummy!! Any tips that suit a 15 mo as she won't understand giving it to a fairy in exchange for something etc..

TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Bottle addict..

Subbing as my nearly 14mnth old is exactly the same.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Bottle addict..

I used a Nuby sports sipper for DS, its about the same size as a bottle with a spout similar to a bottle teat but supposed to be better for their teeth , and it's non spill!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle addict..

Hmm I might have to go to the shops tomorrow. Iv tried in a no spill sipper cup but the spout is hardish. So il get one with a soft spout.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Re: Bottle addict..

I had a bottle addict but i let him get to 3 before i put my foot down and put an end to it.
    I ended up just chucking all bottles out and would offer milk in a cup.
    We had a few nights of whinging but we got there in the end.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle addict..

I was going to say the same thing as a pp about getting a cup that has a teat type top.
    With DS I got some of those cups that have lids from Tupperware, I give one to DD at breakfast, and he'll pretty much have everything she is.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle addict..

I had the same problem, although I left it till my DS was about 2 and a half. I also found a sippy cup with a silicone teat/sipper and he was happy with that even though the shape was different. (he hated the hard ones) I think it helps that it feels 'similar' to a bottle teat.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Bottle addict..

DS was closer to 2 before we ditched the night bottle. Does it matter of she sticks with the bottle a longer? It sounds as if it may be a battle you don't need to fight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my experience i would just leave her with a bottle until your ready to get rid of milk. with both my kids once i got rid of the bottle they refused to drink any milk at all