+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Do you have a funeral fund ???

Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    I'm really suss about funeral funds. I don't know why, there is just something about them.

Sorry, not much help.
    I'm the same

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A lot of super funds have certain amount of life insurance built into them automatically. Do you have a super fund? You can check with them.

Initially we just bumped up the amount that our super fund covered us for, but recently we have also got income protection insurance and used a broker to organise a package deal for us. One of us is with Zurich, the other with Comminsure for various reasons.

Income protection insurance is pretty exxy and not for everyone, but life insurance always surprises me by not being too expensive and like I said, I think it's absolutely vital. If either me or hubby passed away unexpectedly (knock wood!) we'd have enough insurance payout to pay out the mortgage with a little left over, so whoever was left could just focus on being with the kids while they were little, and working enough to cover other bills.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Piffle For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

My skin crawls with how much money they must be making with all their having a cup of tea making you feel bad add.

Not a chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

No, we have enough to cover us if we needed it in a crisis like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As PP said - your superannuation would most likely have a life insurance in it. Check this out it could help. You don't want to be paying insurance for something you may already have covered.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

WorkingClassMum  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

DH works but I'm a SAHM...
    We don't have life Insurance ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what would happen if your DH suddenly passed away (knock wood obviously!)??

I am a big believer in life insurance, as you can tell hahaha.

I also believe SAHM's should be covered (I am also one currently) because if we were to pass away either our kids would need to go into FULL TIME care, or hubby would need to cut down hours to care for them. Plus expenses like cleaners etc. Either way big financial stress for the hubby left behind.
    Last edited by Piffle; 15-09-2012 at 21:09.

Thanks
    Reviews

Yep that's why I'm asking ...
    Wanting to look into it more..

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: Do you have a funeral fund ???

op i have life insurance that will pay out within 48 hours through tower/NIB.

They will give dh $100,000. Not a massive amount but enough to take some time off to get organised again. It costs me like ten bucks a fornight or month i cant remember but its not alot at all i dont notice it as such. Dh has certain cover through work and a looot of money in super already so i would be sweet too, dont need a seperate fund.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

Nope, don't see the point? I'm dead. I will be cremated & DP will spread my ashes wherever he chooses. Funerals are waist of money IMO. Paying upto 10k? Like wth