+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMum View Post
    No, I wouldn't marry that man.

You would lock your phone (or anything for that matter) for one of 2 reasons;
    1. you have something to hide
    2. you can't trust the other person

Both are very good reasons to NOT get married to that person.
    Well said.

He sounds like a slimeball. If he hasn't physically cheated yet then I think it's only a matter of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No, that kind of guy wouldn't suit me at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yuck, sounds like one to avoid. Warn her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bet his soon to be wife doesn't know and only sees the good things. I wouldn't marry someone if I knew those things but I would marry someone if I had no idea and thought he was trustworthy. I don't think it's the g/f's fault (sounds like she is in the dark, poor thing)My dh has his phone locked but I always know his passwords. We have our own emails, fb's, phones etc. all with our own passwords but the trust is there and we both can access each others things but don't see the point as our relationship isn't like that Poor woman. Shame on the douch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That guy sounds like a douche, but I am amazed at everyone saying they wouldn't allow their DP's to have a lock on their phone. I have and always will have a lock on my phone. E I don't want people going through it, I don't want my child playing with it, if i lose it I want it locked.Every single person I know does. Seriously people are allowed SOME privacy. I never gave, nor expected XDP's passwords to anything. Jeezuz, are people allowed to keep a diary still, or should DP's have access to that too? Just because someone is in a relationship doesn't mean they lose all privacy. I wouldnt even bother with someone who demanded access to everything I do. Trust doesnt mean the right to rifle through other people's lives. Why don't you start stalking them too, just so they can't drive anywhere you don't know about. Or better yet, just chain them up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alexander Beetle For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow. If I asked my hubs, hey can I have a squizzy at something on your phone, can I borrow your phone pls etc, and they were all "nah, it's locked, I'm entitled to privacy blah blah blah" I would be suspicious. And no way would I deny my partner access. I guess I am happy to share everything with him - and that's how we like it! Don't mind chaining him up every now and then, either...

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't marry someone like that but I don't think watching p0rn makes him uncommitted to his fiancé. The app that shows him single women is a bit creepy though. I'd take issue with that, not the lock on the phone. My boyfriend has a lock on his phone. I know the password. Do I use it? No. Would I crack up if I didnt know what it was? No. He's allowed privacy. So am I. We trus each other implicitly. Kinda have to given its a long distance relationship lol. But the point is that I don't need to know EVERYTHING he's doing and saying and thinking to be able to trust him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

peoniesarepretty  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Wow. If I asked my hubs, hey can I have a squizzy at something on your phone, can I borrow your phone pls etc, and they were all "nah, it's locked, I'm entitled to privacy blah blah blah" I would be suspicious. And no way would I deny my partner access. I guess I am happy to share everything with him - and that's how we like it! Don't mind chaining him up every now and then, either...
    Thats not what I said. Nor am I interested in your sex life. I said that I am shocked that people assume that they cant have a lock on their phone. I wouldn;t ask my man if I could go through his phone, but he would let me if I did, but I wouldn't expect him to not have lock on it. And i would question that sanity of anyone who demanded to see my private things anyway. But each to their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your posts often seem so angry, AB. Indeed, each to their own.
    (Your suggestions to start stalking them, or chain them up, don't exactly scream tolerance towards others.)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

FertileMertile  (20-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BornToBe View Post
    Your posts often seem so angry, AB. Indeed, each to their own.
    (Your suggestions to start stalking them, or chain them up, don't exactly scream tolerance towards others.)
    A question was asked. I answered. You quoted me. I replied. The end. Youre pop psychology does not interest me. Thanks.