+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My story...

Quote Originally Posted by EmyB View Post
    I'm not sure how much temaze you have but why don't you write yourself a schedule of what days you will and will not take it over the next two weeks. That will give you one less thing to stress about, if it's decided ahead of time.

For example Sat yes, Sun no, Mon yes, Tues no. Alternating nights might be a good idea because then you will be relieved of making that decision every day and will know that at least every 2nd night you'll get some decent sleep, and it also reduces the risk of any possible dependence issues.

Personally when I've been having big sleep issues, even if I had a bad night it was always a lot less stressful when I knew somehow the next night would be better (whether cause DH would be home, or bub would be at his Grandma's or something).
    ^^this was what I was trying to say but couldn't word it so eloquently!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default My story...

I have 26 tablets remaining of the 28 pack. I will think about doing a schedule. Thanks for the exercise tip. Already go to the gym most mornings but will think about getting out in the afternoon too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry I haven't read the whole thread but I can relate to lying in bed stressing about not getting to sleep which in turn stops me getting to sleep and lying there for hours on end with my thoughts racing.
    I have found that once I get to sleep I usually sleep pretty well it's just getting there. Temazepan gives me a great, deep and restful sleep but I know I can't rely on it. I have used valerian too which is a natural sleep aid, taken a couple of hours before bed and this helps too. I also have use a quarter tablet of mersyndol night strength as it's much lighter and a muscle relaxant to it just aids me in dozing off. For me the stress of not sleeping is much worse than actually taking something, sometimes to sleep. I also think a night time routine just like you do for a baby is good too, going to bed and rising at the same time. Have a look into circadian rhythms and how these impact - especially the importance of catching the sleep wave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default My story...

Hi Minnie. It sounds to me like you are suffering from the condition of anxiety. It's different from depression as such but the same medications are used to treat them both. One of the symptoms is disrupted sleep through anxiety. I've been there myself and also suffered anxiety related PND. Might I suggest you contact a mother baby unit that also deals with mothers health where you can have your baby with you and have professionals treat your condition. I went on medication and as a rest my sleep was also fixed due to the anxiety being reduced. Sleep deprivation coupled with anxiety is a really horrible combination. Sleeping tablets will help you sleep but won't deal with the underlying issue which sounds like anxiety. If your psych hasn't addressed this I think you def need a new one. Not sure which state you are in, but I'm happy to tell you which mother/baby unit I went to if you are interested

Best of luck xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My story...

Thanks all. Well the neighbours are having a party tonight anyway with loud music blaring so it may not be my night anyway! Got to have a sense of humour I guess

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My story...

Oh and thanks blondekelli I'm in SA

Thanks
    Reviews

i remember last year one of the pregnant mummies was going through a very similar thing in the due date section.
    how strong you are though, to see you are having problems and to seek help.
    i've had anxiety, depression, ed's before and you have overcome the hardest thing - accepting help. give it time (nothing works straight away) and have faith that this too shall pass.
    i personally would take whatever help the gp's are happy to give under their supervision regarding meds. a schedule sounds like a great idea and maybe try some holistic therapies? yoga, naturopath, meditation etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My story...

I am so excited! It's 6.53am and I slept last night. I had a bath, did some breathing, I took a melatonin tablet at 9.30pm (which haven't worked for me previously), watched tv in bed and then read till about 10.30ish. I crashed straight away! And here is the better bit... DH was at a dinner last night so accidentally woke me at 11 when he came home. I fell asleep again after 10 mins! Bubs woke for a feed at 2 and I fell asleep afterward again too. So I went to sleep three times with minimal stress

I was the most anxious I had ever been yesterday and I SLEPT. So happy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MinnieMouse81 For This Useful Post:

babyla  (16-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: My story...

Thats AMAZING!! Well done xx

Sent from my GT-I9210T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews