+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best place for an amber teething necklace?

Just wondering where people recommend getting an amber teething necklace from. I'm concerned about the safety of them so I'm looking for recommendations from people who have used them.

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    meeee too. just bought dd one tonight... lovely timing op

i asked if it was safe for her to sleep in it and the lady said it will be fine but i just cant help but worry.
    also so
    eone said that tge closer the amber is to the teeth the better it works (really have no idea if this is correct)

sorry i cant help.

Thanks
    Reviews

I have been using an amber necklace for my DD since she was about 4 months old. She is now 15 months.

When she was younger I was unsure if it worked but then she only use to wear it during the day as I was worried she might get strangled if I left it on at night. I use to weave it through her grow suit and then put her in a sleeping bag so she couldn't get to it.

I ended up taking it off and not putting it back on until she was about 12 months old. A few people I knew were using them and left them on all the time. No one had any problems with them and they all seemed to think
    It was safe. I thought about her cot and decided there wasn't anything it could get caught in so I put it back on. Since then I haven't taken it off. 4 molars have come through in 6 weeks and I have only needed to give her neurofen once.

She did try to chew it and play with it a few times when I first put it on but soon gave up on it and I haven't seen her touch it in months. The necklace I bought is double knotted between each bead so that if it does break only one bead will come off reducing the risk of choking.

I hope this helps, however if you are worried about leaving the necklace on at night then I think you should take it off.

Thanks
    Reviews

I figure If I get to worried about it I'll put the necklace around his ankle with a sick over it in a body suit at night. I heave heard they are best closest to the pain too but if it's worrying me to much that's what I'll do but I don't know where to get them from. They have a stand at our local pram warehouse but they never have any on the stand. So I'll probably have to get it online but I don't know where is good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

All about amber is great!

Thanks
    Reviews

Got mine from a health food shop. Some pharmacies also sell them. The good quality ones have a knot in between every bead so if it breaks only one bead falls off.

DD has had hers since 6mths and never takes it off. She has never tried to play with it or eat it. Still not convinced if it works though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy Melon View Post
    All about amber is great!
    I 2nd All About Amber. Got both my boys amber from there.

Thanks
    Reviews

Mumma rocks is awesome I got both mine and DS's there and will be getting both DDs stuff from her too

Thanks
    Reviews
    AmbeRocks is where I buy my amber from, there is a Facebook site as well as the website

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    grace and favour on Facebook
    Peppa is lovely and her necklaces are fantastic and very reasonably priced. dd has been wearing hers since 3 months with no issues. we notice she. she's not wearing hers.
    Last edited by strawberry swing; 13-03-2013 at 13:36.