+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Flu in third trimester?

I'm 30weeks tomoro and think I have the flu.... Saw my GP 2 days ago and she diagnosed severe throat infection like strep throat, and gave me antibiotics. Since then ive been feeling worse, fevers at nite, headaches, body aches, chills, sore throat, stuffy nose.. I'm thinking it's the flu. I feel an absolute WRECK

I googled it, now i'm freaking out about pre-term labour etc

Advice or reassurance anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews

I had a shocking flu when I was about 37 weeks with DS1. He was fine and it didn't bring on labour

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks
    Reviews

Clucky, did u manage it at home? Or did u go to hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews

I managed it at home and just rested lots.

The fevers and chills are a positive thing as they mean your immune system is kicking butt

If you're concerned though do get checked - your peace of mind is important.

(as a further reassurance though that we can be very sick and our babies can be perfectly fine I had severe bronchitis early in my pregnancy with DS2... Had fevers day and night for a week, despite antibiotics, was back and forth to Drs for weeks. Was so damn sick... DS2 however was all good

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I had this when I was about 37 weeks and FREAKED OUT. I was like, "Holy Crap, how am I going to cope if I go into labour and can't even breathe/see straight/not vomit/etc?!"

I have no idea if it's true, but I have been told that our bodies are often pretty clever and will try to avoid labour if they know we're unwell. It put me at ease to be that told that.

Thanks
    Reviews

I am 35 weeks now and two weeks ago I was hospitalized, temp 40! They didn't know what was wrong with me and I was on the drip for 2 days. Bub all good and no sign of labour yet