Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Allymumtobe is offline Winner 2012 - Most Optimistic Poster
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hairy armpits

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    But what about the itchy regrowth??
    Yeah I hate that bit a lot! And the in grown hairs etc! Porcupine in my pants is not awesome but it's nice when it's first done

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Hairy armpits

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    We'll I am a very passionate feminist and I like nothing more than to crack jokes. What I don't like is when the humour is about ridiculing women who don't conform to society's expectations of hairlessness. 'Humour' in this context trivialises feminist issues. It's in a similar vein to the extremely poor taste 'jokes' about domestic violence and people saying "lighten up" when you don't laugh. Domestic abuse is not a subject for humour and nor is societal expectations of what women are supposed to look like.

This "femmo" reserves the right to not make light of something she feels passionately about.
    There's a big difference in joking about underarm hair and joking about domestic violence....

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    There's a big difference in joking about underarm hair and joking about domestic violence....
    They both serve to trivialize and undermine women's self empowerment, that's the point I'm trying to make.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Busy-Bee For This Useful Post:

jaandaw  (16-09-2012)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Slightly off topic, but not, apparently men where instrumental in encouraging women to shave their armpit hair because the hair (apparently) acts as a conduit for pheromones which aligned womens menstrual cycles, and shaving meant that there were always some women available for s3x.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Hairy armpits

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Slightly off topic, but not, apparently men where instrumental in encouraging women to shave their armpit hair because the hair (apparently) acts as a conduit for pheromones which aligned womens menstrual cycles, and shaving meant that there were always some women available for s3x.
    Bloody men, knew they were behind it all...

London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

Thanks
    Reviews
    I shave every second day. Hate hair there and hate stubble. I dont like how it looks on women but hey, whatever floats their boat. If they want a big bush sprouting from anywhere on their body, more power to them.....I just personally find it unattractive on women.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

Default Hairy armpits

Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    They both serve to trivialize and undermine women's self empowerment, that's the point I'm trying to make.
    Fair point.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (15-09-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hairy armpits

Was just doing an exercise DVD and one of the female helpers had big hairy armpits... Not just the 'forgot to shave for a few days' variety either.

Gag! I just think its dirty and unhygenic. Not to mention too manly.

Or have times changed and hairy armpits are now 'in'?
    Or do people really not notice/care?
    I know in some cultures they don't shave. But I personally think its a bit icky. I shave every few days. Sometimes I might forget then wake up the next day an be like AHHHH MY GOSH. But that dosnt happen to often lol I like a guy who is hairy btw lol not over the top and not down there. But legs and under arms and arms. They just look manly to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think armpit hair is gross on women. Call me a brainwashed bimbo but it freaks me out. When we were in Italy we met my cousin (she's in her 50's), she was giving us directions somewhere and pointed and put up her arm and yep, full of hair.

Whatever floats your boat but I don't really want to see it. Maybe non shavers should wear longsleeved clothing to help those of us with sensitive dispositions?

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CakeyLoaf For This Useful Post:

BlissedOut  (15-09-2012),Boobycino  (15-09-2012),faroutbrusselsprout  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hairy armpits

Quote Originally Posted by CakeyLoaf View Post
    Maybe non shavers should wear longsleeved clothing to help those of us with sensitive dispositions?
    Are you fur real?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Guest1234 For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (15-09-2012)