+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 15 month old waking up screaming hysterically

the last few nights she has been waking every 30 mins crying hysterically. she wont be comforted until I pick her up and rock her back to sleep.... sometimes im just crawling back into bed before she starts again. she has always been a great sleeper and has already popped her molars with not much fuss....
    im in early pregnancy and am dying from sleep deprivation. its not night terrors because she sits up in her cot so shes wide awake.
    any help?

mummy to gods gift to us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

DS is 16 months and did this a couple months ago.

For him I think it was growing pains.

Also a lot of babies become unsettled close to a developmental growth spurt.

I found giving him a little neurofen before bed really helped, as well as a warm bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Put her in bed with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

I'm not trying to freak you out with my opinion but I've been where you are.

DD was just like this for her first 2-3 years of life, in fact people quite often remind her off their babysitting episodes with her being so hard to settle.

She turns 16 in 2 days, and we've all come to the conclusion that she was seeing/hearing spirits because she now openly has a brilliant gift and speaks to them, even though they scare her.

I would suggest a sage smudge stick to rid spirits in your house, and burn sandalwood

Thanks
    Reviews
    My youngest child (who is now almost 3) went through a stage at around 2 of just gut wrenching screaming in the middle of the night. First few times she did it, it freaked me out, but I got used to it. Unfortunately it went on for a few months. I still have no explanation for it, she'd do it maybe 2 or 3 or times a night. I could settle her easily enough, but the screaming was terrible.
    None of the others did this.

Happy to say she no longer screams.