+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews
    As far as getting married on $1,000!!! you wouldn't be able to. I am a Celebrant on the Gold Coast Qld and I charge $500 some charge much much more! Cheap Registry weddings are so cold and un-memorable, so go for a decent wedding, you only get married once, hopefully!

Carol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Would you have a wedding with $1000 or....

Our wedding cost $1500 and was lovely. My friend thought it was more special than a $40,000 wedding she had attended a few months beforehand. Everyone couldnt believe it didnt cost more. And we didnt get married in a registery office but a gorgeous victorian era room with an open fireplace, candles. It was truly stunning.

I can detail how we did so cheap when im on my pc later if you like

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think you should go for it (on the $1k). What you've described sounds beautiful.

The wedding lasts one day, and then you have the rest of your marriage in which to spend the big cash on stuff that will make you happy.

And even in saying that, what you're describing sounds special anyway! Lots of big weddings (with lots of money) don't sound as nice as what you've described.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Would you have a wedding with $1000 or....

Quote Originally Posted by Girl X View Post
    I think you should go for it (on the $1k). What you've described sounds beautiful.

The wedding lasts one day, and then you have the rest of your marriage in which to spend the big cash on stuff that will make you happy.

And even in saying that, what you're describing sounds special anyway! Lots of big weddings (with lots of money) don't sound as nice as what you've described.
    Thank you and thanks to everyone else's replies too! We have decided to go ahead and get married in march yay! Invitations are already sent, and I have started buying meat/prawns/fish and a carton of beer or wine with each fortnights groceries and storing it all so that I don't have to fork out so much cash at the time. I've got heaps of family around that are making desserts, salads, roast veggies, coleslaw etc. so i think it's going to work out ok!
    Oh and this is what i'm doing for a bouquet, I've collected old flower brooches from op shops and bought some cheapies off eBay, and making a brooch bouquet! And the bridesmaids will just hold a single pink rose from my garden, so I don't even have to spend any money on flowers
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Would you have a wedding with $1000 or....

Thats an amazing idea! I love it!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub