+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Would you have a wedding with $1000 or....

I had a beautiful wedding on a budget. We spent $3000 all up but that was because I knew I wanted to splurge a bit on the cake and flowers (cost $1000) - although I know $1000 is probably not considered as splurging for alot of brides!

We had a garden ceremony with fairy lights etc and we have a spit roast with gravy, rolls, potato salads and garden salads etc. It was a beautiful day. I personally love the low key intimate weddings. Any wedding is beautiful and you will have a lovely day no matter how much or little you spend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Default Re: Would you have a wedding with $1000 or....

My wedding cost us $1200, including everything except wedding rings - which we brought using certegy easypay.

I loved my wedding. I was 32 weeks pregnant with DS1 and it was in my mums backyard and apart from the days my kids we're born, it was the happiest day of my life

I personally don't understand spending a fortune on a wedding.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

It's one day- we had our wedding when I was 6 months pregnant- my husband lost his job a month later- the $7-8k family spent on our wedding would have been much better off paying our mortgage as I returned to work when our baby was 7 weeks old. It's one day- my bestie had a garden wedding (cost $2000 including dresses, photos etc) and it was amazing- they had lanterns and fairy lights and her dad cooked a spit.

Thanks
    Reviews

You could easily get married on 1k! I wouldn't want to wait lol and you have most things sorted anyway
    Then in a few years you could have a lovely holiday and maybe renew your vows.

Thanks
    Reviews

I would do it now. If its only based on money. If your not ready then don't

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your plans sound fantastic, and as you already have the dress etc the I would go for it.

In another 2 years you may find that baby no. 2 is on the way and again you have to put it off, or changes in your finances may mean you will never have $10 000 to spend on a wedding.

Goodluck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Re: Would you have a wedding with $1000 or....

For me, no. Not for my partner either. This is going to sound very bridezillaish, but I spend so mucj of my time, money and effort into everyone else, making sure they‘re happy and comfortable that, for once and on mg wedding day, they can do it for me.. I‘m going to be a beautiful freaking princess with a nice, sit down and catered meal, romantic dances, etc, and the people who are invited can either plaster a smile over their faces, even if the suit is hot and the shoes uncomfortable, or not come. If they don‘t come because they won‘t like how I have my wedding, they‘re cut out of my life.

Point of the tangent: Will a wedding on 1000 dollars make you and your df happy? Or would it be to appease other people? If the latter, bugger them, wait a few years and have it the way you want it. If the 1000k wedding will make you happy, give you beautiful memories and make you feel happy and content for the rest of your life, then go for it. But for me it wouldn‘t.

Sent from my HUAWEI-U8850 using BubHub

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

CupidsVictim  (14-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

What you've described sounds perfect. Id go ahead and do it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks everyone for all your replies, I have decided to go ahead with the wedding in march yay! I just really want to get married and have a husband and our baby, not wait years to spend heaps of money on a wedding which I'd rather use towards a new kitchen I have booked the celebrant for $350 and started a scrapbook and got lots of ideas for DIY projects, and my best friend is very excited and being very helpful, so I think it will all work out ok! Xxxx

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpicyTurtle For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (16-09-2012),saxonrose  (19-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Sounds awesome!

I got married in my parents backyard and loved it! It was casual and not fancy which is very me. Have fun organizing