+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Re: Would you have a wedding with $1000 or....

Do it now I have heard of people asking guests to bring a plate of food instead of a gift so maybe consider that option as well goodluck

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldn't have a $1000 wedding.

Well, I would, but it wouldn't involve my backyard and a BBQ, because that's just not the kind of event I want my wedding to be. I would happily have my wedding very cheaply, but as I said, it wouldn't involve the backyard, bbq, homemade decorations, etc.

If I wanted the kind of wedding where I fed, entertained, etc, a lot of people, I would wait until I had the funds to do it in a way I thought was more to my liking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Would you have a wedding with $1000 or....

It sounds like you have it all planned!! Go for it!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

Nmgb  (31-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I agree do it now ,it's not how you do it why you are doing it .
    We had ours for around the same price and I wouldn't change a thing about it

Thanks
    Reviews

Do it!! The best wedding I have been to was a BBQ in there back yard ..... It was the most relaxing easygoing wedding ..... I loved it!! The bride and groom had a blast so did all the guests

Thanks
    Reviews

Oh, my tip for photos, have a laptop set up, have someone to man it, and ask everyone to copy their photos onto the laptop before they leave. We did this, we got heaps of awesome shots that we wouldn't have got with a photographer and when we sent our thank you cards, we included CDs with all the pics for everyone to have. Cost us about $25 :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews

I would definitely spend $1k and have a beautiful, comfortable, warm wedding sooner Your plans sound incredible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I so wanted to have a BBQ in our backyard but MIL insisted on not doing it that way.

Everyone has said to go for it, and I would too, because a big flashy wedding was never a priority for me. BUT will you end up regretting not haivng your special "princess" day with all the fancy stuff?

It's about what is important to YOU.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Definitely $1k wedding.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't see why not... We are in Perth and it seems like things are a bit more expensive here, but our celebrant cost $450. This seemed like a really average price so it might be worth sorting that out first.

Also have a look, or maybe advertise, on gumtree for a student or photographer just starting. You may be able to get a photographer wanting to add to their portfolio for free. Photos are so very important!