+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I always change the nappy 1st then feed. Often resulted in screaming hysterically cause my dd was hungry and impatient, but the end result was a happy, sound asleep baby after the feed. There's no way I couldn't change her, even with a bigger nappy, she would just end up wetting her clothes/bedding and waking in distress causing more problems. 1 minute of screaming was well & truly worth it.

Now she's nearly 1 and she doesn't wee so much overnight (ironically her 5.5yo brother still does!) and there's no point in changing her nappy before her 1 overnight feed as it's usually dry. She saves up her wees for the morning. If she does try & sneak in a 2nd overnight feed I will change her before that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I always feed DS before changing his nappy as he tends to do a poo just as I'm about to change him. When he was younger I used to change him in between boobs as he used to get very worked up when being changed at night. Hopefully your bub will grow out of that soon as well.

When DS used to have a lot of leaking nappies, moving up to the next size of nappies stopped it problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTashyAlice View Post
    Sorry to 'but into'this thread but I am a new mummy to be and I have the idea that it will go nappy feed then sleep does this sound right??
    My mum keeps telling me it'll be nappy feed nappy sleep??

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub
    In the beginning some bubs will poo during a feed, so you'll need to change them a few times. With DS it was change - feed - change (to wake him up, he needed lots of encouragement to wake up to feed) - feed - change - sleep. But don't worry, they do need less changes as they grow!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

MissTashyAlice  (15-09-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did what many have said, change the nappy before the feed - even if bub is crying! It's worth it at the end

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone - I do BF after a nappy change now but she gets so super hyped up that she starts whooping and gooing and gaaing and laughing and it takes FOREVER to get her back to bed even with the b00b....so if I can avoid a nappy change all the better. Will try the nappies/larger sizes and see how we go....trial and error I suppose!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Tips for overnight nappy change?

My son is a very heavy wetter and he lasts all night with a normal sized nappy (baby love) that has had two slits cut into the front, covered with a size bigger baby love over the top and then over that, I put the shell of a modern cloth nappy. It seems a lot, but he's much happier without waking up wet every night and we are all happier without the hugely dramatic crying that accompanies every second of nappy, pjs and bedding changes! He doesn't wake now

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

me+he&she=three  (17-09-2012)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Re: Tips for overnight nappy change?

You could also try doubling up the nappy, cut a small hole in the inner one, and put a larger one on the outside. Unless of course your concern is you would rather not leave her overnight in a wet nappy. If it's just leaks you are worried about, try doubling up and using a bum cream as well hth

**Nothing spells as goof as typo splats**

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

I had this problem with my oldest DD. I went to Woolworths and got a packet of sanitary pads - the ones we use for a period - and stuck that into the nappy. That kept her dry overnight.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ShabbiePumpkin For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Re: to those making cuts on the nappies, I thought the stuff that absorbs the wetness was chemical and could leave burn like lesions on baby's skin... Am I wrong? I'm always paranoid to make sure DDs nappy doesn't tear...

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShabbiePumpkin View Post
    I had this problem with my oldest DD. I went to Woolworths and got a packet of sanitary pads - the ones we use for a period - and stuck that into the nappy. That kept her dry overnight.
    Pretty god tip there! I will remember that one if I am ever crazy enough to have another bub